Poppy Seed Challenge #2

Thursday, March 25, 2010

I've got Lisa's Poppy Seed Challenge #2, for you all, today.
 
I, absolutely, dread making cards for men.  I, always, have the hardest time even figuring out where to begin; but this time, Lisa's challenge, actually, helped me.  Lisa's three seeds could've, completely, led me in a girly direction, but I forced myself to try to do a more masculine card for BJ's dad's birthday card, and I had so much fun!  It all just came together perfectly!  Anyway, his birthday isn't until tomorrow, but I don't think that he reads my blog on any kind of a regular basis.  So, I think that I'm safe to post it one day early to meet the deadline.  Here's what I came up with.
I started his card by stamping a piece of Always Artichoke cardstock, in Moonlight White ink, with little polka dots.  After setting it aside, I stamped the partial "wishes" sentiment several times, in Mellow Moss ink, on a piece of Barely Banana cardstock and clear embossed large polka dots over the top of it.  I, then, adhered the two together and machine stitched a light-moss-threaded (No, I didn't buy it just for this challenge.  I, actually, had it on hand.  Perfect :)!), straight stitch around both pieces of cardstock, before adhering them to the Mellow Moss, cardstock, card face.  I, then, framed the completed, "birthday", embroidered, sticker (Isn't it super perfect for this project?!  I love that there are little, polka dots on the cake, too, and that it was just sitting in my sticker drawer!  I told you it all came together for me!) sentiment with a stamped, in Mellow Moss ink, on white cardstock, label, which was punched out with SU's Curly Label punch and cut in half to extend it to both side of the sticker.  I, then, adhered it over the string, which had been wrapped around the card face several times, and flanked it with two, moss buttons, laced with white string.

I, also, wanted to show you a few pictures of my kiddos painting over Spring Break.
I love that my baby girl was watching her big brother, super carefully, the whole time, to make sure that she was doing it just right.  Too cute!

Oh!  And check out this promo for the DIY Dish show.

So sorry that it takes up the entire width of my blog.  I can't figure out how to make it smaller.  If you know how, I'd be so grateful if you'd leave me a comment.  Thanks!  Anyway, Kris and Kim have, already, aired a couple, great and super inspiring episodes.  Plus, they're giving us the chance to win two, Janome, sewing machines here!
Holy smokes, guys!  This is HUGE!  Good luck, and have a great Thursday!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Giga Guide Lines (PTI); Vintage Labels (SU) Paper: Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke, & Barely Banana (SU); white (Georgia Pacific) Ink: Mellow Moss (SU); Moonlight White (Brilliance) Other: string; buttons (Paper Studio); embroidered sticker (EK Success); clear embossing powder; Curly Label punch (SU); light-moss thread & sewing machine

2 comments:

Karen B. said...

Great masculine card, your elements work together perfectly.

Jenny said...

Come to my blog to claim your prize ;) congrats!!!