Tuesday Trigger: Butterfly Dreams

Monday, March 29, 2010

Just like the title says, I've got my take on Moxie Fab World's Tuesday Trigger: Butterfly Dreams, for you, today.
Here's what I came up with.
I started this card by punching the bottom edge of that sweet, gingham, patterned paper with SU's Sale-A-Bration punch and adhering it to a piece of ivory cardstock.  I, then, machine stitched an ivory-threaded, straight stitch around the edges of the patterned paper, through both layers, and adhered them to the Taken With Teal, cardstock, card face.  A strip of Rose Red paper was stamped, in Rose Red ink, with butterflies; adhered just above the punched edge; and dressed up with a gorgeous, velvet, grosgrain ribbon, tied in a bow, that I picked up for a steal, out of the Clearance bins, at Hobby Lobby.
I, then, stamped the vintage frame, in Rose Red ink, on ivory cardstock; filled it with the "Thank You" sentiment, which was stamped in Taken With Teal ink; punched it out with SU's Curly Label punch; framed it with kraft cardstock; and adhered it, centered, above the bow, with dimensionals.
The butterfly was stamped, in Rose Red ink, on ivory cardstock; glittered; hand cut out; adhered, to the left of the sentiment frame, just at its center; and dressed up with a string of pearls.  Everything got a good helping of Chamomile and Chai, distress inks.

This card was made for, Jean, a member of my Scrapbook Club.  She made me this adorable pincushion, just because, and I love it!
It is so much better than my old pincushion, because those big, straight pins cannot sink through the bottom and prick my fingers.  Yippeee!  Not to mention that it is so much cuter!  It got a ton of use this weekend, as I finished up Adina's Easter dress, which I cannot wait to show you all.  Thanks so much, Jean!  It was so thoughtful of you!

On a different note, it seems that many people in our lives have been experiencing some kind of loss, recently, whether it be the loss of a loved one, a relationship, a job, or whatever.  Well, I know that there are many others out there in the same or similar situations and found myself encouraged by the March 26th entry in my New Day New You devotional by Joyce Meyer.  So, if you'll bear with me, I'd love to share it.

You will guide me with Your counsel, and afterward receive me to honor and glory.  Psalm 73:24
We believe that God is inherently good and that He is also in control of our lives.  Therefore, when tragedy strikes or loss occurs, we don't understand why God does not prevent such things from happening to us and hurting us so badly.
Faced with tragic loss, often we become angry and ask, "If God is good and all-powerful, why does He allow bad things to happen to good people?"  This question becomes a major issue when it is we, God's own children, who are the ones suffering.
At such times, reasoning wants to scream out, "This makes no sense at all!"  Over and over the question, "Why, God, why?" torments those who are grieving over losses in their life, just as it also tortures the lonely and the dejected.  Excessive reasoning, trying to figure out things for which we will not be able to find an answer, torments and brings much confusion; but Proverbs 3:5-6 tells us that trust in the Lord brings assurance and direction: "Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding.  In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths."
When we face a time of crisis in life, we need direction.  These scriptures tell us that trusting God is the way to find that direction.  Trust requires allowing some unanswered questions to be in your life!
No matter how badly you may be hurting from a loss or tragedy, the Holy Spirit can give you a deep peace that somehow everything will be all right.  Being angry at God is useless, because He is the only One Who can help.
Thanks for visiting, and may your week be filled with trust, peace, and joy!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Vintage Labels (SU); Butterfly Dreams (PTI) Paper: Taken With Teal & Rose Red (SU); kraft & ivory (Best Occasions); patterned paper (?) Ink: Taken With Teal & Rose Red (SU); Chamomile & Chai (PTI) Other: 2010 Sale-A-Bration & Curly Label punches (SU); ribbon (Hobby Lobby); glitter (Doodlebug Design); pearls (Paper Studio); ivory thread & sewing machine

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Lovely card, great take with the trigger!!! :D And I love the pin cushion too!

Cath said...

Hey Jinny! What a pretty approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

Kelley Eubanks said...

Hey Jinny! Thanks for the congrats comment on my moxie fab win... and just for visiting me and leaving me some love! :) Love your TT card... so pretty! Love reading your post as well! I get so upset when I hear people blame God for the things that go wrong! When sin entered the world... so did death! Because of sin is why we die... I don't believe that God chooses when that is! I believe He knows because He is God. God gave us free will and He said that we would all die but I don't think he chooses when. Our actions and actions of others is what determines that. Sin is to blame... it has caused the diseases, birth defects, death.... not God! Anyway... just wanted to add on to what you said! Ha... I get on a rant when I start talking about that! :) Sorry! :)