Tuesday Trigger: Texture + Color = Fun!

Monday, March 22, 2010

So, by now, I'm sure you've all heard that us Kansans sure know how to celebrate spring!
(Photograph courtesy of www.kusports.com)
(Photograph courtesy of www.kusports.com)
(Photograph courtesy of www.kusports.com)
I hope you can sense my sarcasm.  We're still digging out of the snow, and my bracket is a hot mess!  It took my husband half of the K-State game to realize #1 KU had, actually, really, without a doubt, been upset by #9 Northern Iowa.  Poor guys!

I've got Moxie Fab World's Tuesday Trigger: Texture + Color = Fun!, for you, today.

Here's what I came up with.
I started this card by white embossing the tulips on a piece of Green Galore cardstock.  I, then, stamped the "I'M SO Grateful FOR YOU" sentiment, in Green Galore ink, on white cardstock; adhered it in the upper left corner, above the tulips and overhanging the left side; and machine stitched a red-threaded, straight stitch down the length of the left side.  It was, then, adhered to the kraft cardstock, which was, in turn, adhered to the Chocolate Chip, cardstock, card base.  Once all the layers were adhered together, I trimmed the white, sentiment cardstock even with the card face and embellished it with a few, red gemstones.  Finally, I wrapped a sheer, red ribbon around the card face, over the tulip stems; tied it, in a bow, in the bottom, right corner of the card face; and dressed it up with a button, in a gorgeous shade of blue, laced with white string.

Oh!  And I'm so excited to tell you all that I was named one of The Shabby Tea Room's "Tea Time Terrific Top Three!"

Yippeee!  I love to create papercrafty goodness, but when someone else appreciates my hard work, it's just that much more fun and ever so humbling.  Thanks so much, Debbie!  I'm already working on this week's challenge :).

One more thing!  If you love to sew or know someone who does, Becca, over at Blue Cricket Design, is having a giveaway for three, separate Girly Stripwork Skirt patterns, from Pink Fig Patterns, in honor of her daughter's first birthday.

I just love Pink Fig Patterns!  I wish they were easier to come by here in KC.  The closest store I've found, that carries them, is in St. Louis, MO.  If you know where I can get them closer to the KC, KS area, please leave me a comment.  Thank you!  And don't forget to head over to Becca's "The 'Outfit' and a giveaway!!!" post to enter for your chance to win.  Good luck!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Two-Step Stampin' Painted Garden (SU); Signature Greetings (PTI) Paper: Green Galore & Chocolate Chip (SU); white (Georgia Pacific); kraft (Best Occasions) Ink: Green Galore (SU) Other: white embossing power; red thread & sewing machine; gemstones (K&Company); ribbon (Hobby Lobby); button (Jesse James & Co.); string

1 comment:

Cath said...

Hey Jinny! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World. Thanks so much for playing along! :)