Embellish's Parties Color Challenge

Friday, April 16, 2010

I had so much fun using Embellish's Parties Color Challenge, this week, to make my Dad a birthday card.
Here's what I came up with.
I started this card by stamping the stars, in Moonlight White ink, on clear cardstock.  I, then, used a red-threaded, straight, machine stitch to attach it to the Real Red, cardstock, card face.  The barn image was stamped, in Jet Black ink, on white cardstock; water colored in shades of Real Red, Garden Green, Creamy Caramel, and Basic Black; and framed with a piece of kraft cardstock, punched, down its left side, with SU's Spiral punch, before being adhered to the center of the card face, over the clear cardstock.  The "celebrate life" sentiment was, then, stamped, in Real Red ink, in the bottom, left corner of the stamped, white cardstock.  A black and white, checkered ribbon was wrapped around the card face, just above the sentiment, and embellished with a black button, laced with string.
On the inside of the card, I created a little pocket to hold a Starbucks' gift card...
by stamping stars, in Moonlight White ink, on a small piece of clear cardstock; punching a half circle, in the center top, making it easy to retrieve the gift; and machine stitching it, with a red-threaded, straight stitch, on three sides, leaving the top open, to a piece of kraft cardstock, which was, then, adhered to the inside, top flap of the card.
I left the bottom open for my wordy self to write a little, birthday wish.  Fun stuff!  Happy birthday, Dad!

Oh!  And you know how I said that I'd been having trouble sleeping?  Well, aside from my allergies being in full swing, I, also, have super itchy poison ivy!  I believe, however, that we have found and annihilated the culprit.

Seriously!  How can that little thing have done so much damage?!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Stars & Swirls, So Many Sayings, & On the Farm (SU) Paper: Real Red (SU); kraft (Best Occasions); white (Georgia Pacific); clear (PTI) Ink: Real Red, Basic Black, Creamy Caramel, & Garden Green (SU); Jet Black (StazOn); Moonlight White (Brilliance) Other: red thread & sewing machine; 1-3/8" Circle & Spiral punches (SU); black button; string; ribbon (Hobby Lobby)

5 comments:

Ayana Posadas said...

Super cute card!
I love the pocket on the inside!
So creative. :)
Hope your poison ivy situation gets better soon. Best of Luck!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cuteness!! Thanks for sharing!!

travelingmama said...

Cute, yummy, and useful... what's not to love? Love your design! Thanks for playing along with us at Embellish!

Angela Mclean said...

Great card and mega ace pocket idea!
Angela xxx.

Mariana Grigsby said...

Super cute card! I love your pocket design! Thanks for playing along with us!