Happy Easter!

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Matthew 28:1-7
After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb.

There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it.  His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow.  The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men.

The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified.  He is not here; he has risen, just as he said.  Come and see the place where he lay.  Then go quickly and tell his disciples: 'He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee.  There you will see him.'  Now I have told you."

I hope that you all have a wonderful Easter celebrating our risen Lord!  Before I run spend some time with my family, I wanted to show you the card that I made for The Shabby Tea Room's Let's Get Scrappy Challenge to create a project using scraps of any kind.  Here's what I came up with.

I started this card by tearing the edges of all my scrap, patterned papers and lining them up one on top of the other to create a 3-3/4" x 5" scene.  I, then, machine stitched a pink-threaded, straight stitch around their edges; attached the "special easter wishes" sentiment tab to the upper, right edge; and adhered it to the kraft, cardstock, card base, which had been distressed with Moonlight White, pigment ink.  To make the sentiment tab, I stamped "special easter wishes", in Pretty in Pink ink, on Pretty in Pink cardstock and punched it out with SU's Round Tab punch.  I, then, wrapped a sheer, pink ribbon around the card face; tied it in a messy bow; embellished it with a couple, green, pearlized pins; and attached the cardstock bunny to its center.  The bunny was made by stamping the image, in Jet Black ink, on white cardstock; water coloring it in shades of Close to Cocoa and Pretty in Pink; and hand cutting it out.  The buttons, layered and laced with white string, are the perfect finishing touch.
{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Tags & More & Loads of Love Accessories (SU) Paper: Pretty in Pink & patterned paper (SU); white (Georgia Pacific); kraft (Best Occasions) Ink: Close to Cocoa & Pretty in Pink (SU); Moonlight White (Brilliance); Jet Black (StazOn) Other: buttons (Paper Studio); pink thread & sewing machine; ribbon (Hobby Lobby); pearlized pins; Round Tab punch (SU); string

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Beautiful scripture to share with us on this holy Easter Sunday ... and equally as pretty of a scrappy card! Thanks for joining us again in the Tea Room this week, Jinny! I look forward to a new design from you tomorrow for the new challenge :)