Happy Monday!

Monday, April 19, 2010

I hope you're all rested and ready for another week!  I don't know about rested, but I did get a nice break, from our weekday routines, which is, always, beneficial :).

Yesterday was my niece, Madison's, 10th birthday.  So, I've got her birthday card, to show you all, today.  It was inspired by Melissa's Lullabies and Horny-Toads Photo Challenge.
I, absolutely, love the soft palette, with the sharp contrast of black, in this photograph.  Just gorgeous!  Here's what I came up with.
I was really drawn to the water colored, checkered paper in the lower left corner of the photograph.  Well, I didn't have anything like it on hand; so, I created my own by water coloring a checkered pattern, in shades of Pink Passion, on white cardstock.  I just love the way it turned out!  I, then, stamped the "Happy Birthday to You" sentiment, in Pink Passion ink, right in the center and trimmed it, across the bottom, with a strip of stamped, Pretty in Pink cardstock.  The Pretty in Pink cardstock was stamped, in Pretty in Pink ink, with a damask pattern and, in Moonlight White ink, with a soft polka dot, right over the top.  I, also, distressed the stamped, Pretty in Pink cardstock with Moonlight White ink and the entire prepped piece with Chamomile ink, before adhering it to the Pink Passion, cardstock, card face.  I, then, framed the sentiment with a piece of chipboard, which had been painted with Ballet Pink acrylic paint and glittered with white glitter.
A black, grosgrain ribbon was tied around the card face, between the two, stamped, patterned papers, and finished off with a black-studded, clear button.  A row of pearls, across the bottom of the damask, patterned paper, finish the look.

Thanks for stopping by, today; and please, come back, tomorrow, to check out the sweet gift, that I made to go with my niece's card.  Have a happy Monday!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Damask Designs (PTI); Polka Dot Jumbo wheel (SU) Paper: Pink Passion & Pretty in Pink (SU); white (Georgia Pacific) Ink: Pink Passion & Pretty in Pink (SU); Moonlight White (Brilliance); Chamomile (PTI) Other: pearls (Paper Studio); black, grosgrain ribbon; button (Jesse James & Co. Grandma's Grab Bag); chipboard (Best Occasions); Ballet Pink acrylic paint (FolkArt); white glitter (K&Company)

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday to her!!! :D Such a sweet card!! LOVE IT! :D And thank you so much for my card, I love it!! Your too kind! Im so glad we can be blog friends... its so nice. *hugs*

Melissa said...

This card is beautiful! Very elegant...very sweet...just perfect. Thank you so much for playing along!
Melis