One-Layer Card Challenge and Tuesday Trigger

Friday, April 23, 2010

I'm so excited about this card, today.  I combined Kristina Werner's One-Layer Card Challenge, to create a card with only one layer, with Moxie Fab World's Tuesday Trigger: Funky Napkins That Hit the Spot.
I'm usually a multiple-layer card girl.  So, this one really stretched me, but I'm so glad that I decided to tackle it.  Here's what I came up with.

So fun and graphic... Right?!  It's for my brother, and he's gonna love it!  I started this card by stamping the sketchy circles, in Not Quite Navy ink, in a square pattern, on a 4-1/4" square, Not Quite Navy, cardstock, card face.  I used a letter "o" stamp to silver emboss the next smallest circles and adhered mini glue dots to their centers.  I, then, used the glue dots to mask off the largest circle and sponged Moonlight White ink, beginning on the mask and pushing out and away from the circle, to get the halo effect.  The masks were, then, carefully, removed, and the glue dots were covered in silver glitter.  Finally, the "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" sentiment was stamped, in Jet Black ink, in the lower right corner.
I'd love to hear what you all think.  Like I said before, it's not my usual style, but I think that I'm really loving it.  And be sure to come back, early next week, to see what I made for his gift.

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Vintage Labels, Little Shapes, & Contempo Alphabet (SU) Paper: Not Quite Navy (SU) Ink: Not Quite Navy (SU); Jet Black (StazOn); Moonlight White (Brilliance) Other: silver embossing powder; silver glitter (K&Company)

2 comments:

marley said...

beautiful card!

Cath said...

Hey Jinny! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)