Pencil Lines' Sketch 183

Friday, April 23, 2010

I, completely, realize that I've skipped a few sketches to get to this one, and I want to try to go back and finish the others, but I was, really, drawn to this particular one, the minute that I saw it.  It's Pencil Lines' Sketch 183, provided by Anna Bowkis.
I, obviously, tipped it one turn to the left and came up with this.
I started this page by adhering the paisley, patterned paper and orange, polka dot strip, which had been punched, down its right side, with Martha Stewart's Doily Lace Edger punch and distressed with a number of inks, on the Barely Banana, cardstock page.  After adhering Adina's birth announcement, I ran a ribbon of butterflies down its right side, right through the center of the orange, polka dot patterned paper.  I, then, twisted lengths of a soft green, tissue paper into flourishes and embellished their edges with pearls and their center with a glitter pumpkin, which I cut, from Pumpkin Pie cardstock, with my Speaking of Fall, Cricut cartridge.

All the lacy flowers were made from ribbons, of varying widths, of lace, which I stitched at the bases, gathered, and embellished with soft yellow buttons and more pearls.
Finally, the edges of the entire layout were brushed with Moonlight White, Chamomile, and Chai distress inks.

This is, also, my attempt at Wee Memories' Vintage and Ribbons Challenge to make a card, scrapbook layout, or altered item, using this inspiration board...
and ribbons.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!  We're so excited to get to spend some time with family and take Ezekiel to see Walking With Dinosaurs.
Oh!  And be sure to scroll down to check out my previous, One-Layer Card Challenge and Tuesday Trigger post.  So fun!

{Tools & Supplies}
Paper: Barely Banana, Pumpkin Pie, & orange, polka dot patterned (SU); paisley patterned (?) Ink: Moonlight White (Brilliance); Chamomile & Chai (PTI) Other: pearls, buttons, & lace ribbons (Paper Studio); butterfly, ribbon trim (Making Memories); Doily Lace Edger punch (Martha Stewart); tissue paper; Speaking of Fall, Cricut cartridge; white glitter (K&Company)

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Sooo pretty!! Love it! Thanks for playing doll!! :)

Dawn said...

I simply adore your layout skills!!

Karen B. said...

Such a sweet sweet layout. You've got so many great details, I especially like the row of buttons!

bestamped said...

I love your layout!! Very sweet and amazing details!! Love the color combo too!