Sketchy Thursdays' Second Chance Challenge

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Hey, guys!  I hope that you're all having a wonderful Saturday.  I'm getting ready to head outside, with Adina, to do some gardening; while the boys help a family, from our church, paint their house.  But before I go, I've got a scrapbook page for you all.  So, a little background... Recently, I stumbled upon this blog called Sketchy Thursdays and just don't even know what in the world took me so long!  Please tell me that I'm not the only one, in the entire world, that hadn't heard of them until now!  I'm in love!  They've got such fabulous sketches, beginning with this Second Chance Challenge.
And believe me!  There will be no ending, to their sketches, on my blog!  Here's what I came up with.
I started this page by stitching the floral, patterned paper to the distressed, soft yellow paper with a deep-red-threaded, straight stitch and left all four tails, from the ends of the stitches, hanging loose.  Loving this look!  I, then, adhered the green and red, sticker flourishes near the upper left side of the floral, patterned paper, as well as those fun pictures of Ezekiel (Gotta love fall!), tucking the scalloped, November 11, 2008, date sticker behind the top of the larger one.
I picked up those leaf buttons, from Joann Fabrics, a while back and knew they'd be just perfect for this layout, when I saw the sketch.  They were all strung on a clipping of twine and adhered with glue dots down the edges of the floral, patterned paper.  Again, I let the twine ends hang loose.  Finally, the "paradise is where you are", dimensional, sticker title was beefed up with a die-cut and adhered to the lower left of the larger picture with a die-cut arrow pointing to the smaller one.
Now, run!  Do not walk your little selves right on over to the Sketchy Thursdays blog to enter your layout for the chance to win this super fun, stamp set from Lawn Fawn.
Good luck!  And come back, tomorrow, for my take on The Shabby Tea Room's latest challenge.

{Supplies & Tools}
Paper: distressed, soft yellow & floral patterned (Cosmo Cricket Dutch Girl) Other: sticker flourishes & scallop, die-cuts, dimensional sticker (K&Company); twine; Falling Leaves buttons (Favorite Findings); deep red thread & sewing machine

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Such a cute LO!! We had a lovely day around here :)