Sketchy Thursdays' Spring Challenge Blog Hop

Sunday, April 18, 2010

I told you all that I'm loving Sketchy Thursdays!  Too fun!  I've got their Spring Challenge Blog Hop sketch, for you, this morning, too; since I'm home, from church, with a sick baby.
Yummy!  Here's what I came up with.

I started this page by stamping, in Moonlight White ink, a square piece of clear cardstock with balloons.  I, then, punched out large half circles every two inches, for a postage stamp look, and layered it on the Taken With Teal, cardstock page, behind the argyle, patterned, paper square.  Speaking of argyle, have you all seen Papertrey Ink's new A Little Argyle stamp set?
It cannot become part of my stamp collection soon enough!  Just gorgeous!

Anyway, after the pics, came the "did someone say parade?" title, which was, completely, made with white foam and black puffy Thickers.  I, then, tied a length of string through the hole in the top of the "I {heart} MISSION, KANSAS", plastic circle (It was given to Ezekiel, on a string of beads, at the parade.) and tied it in a bow.  The rest of it was decked out with glitter, sweet treats, paper triangles (with pink donuts!), made to look like a banner and adhered with dimensionals, and finished off, on the other end, with another bow.

Last, but, certainly, not least, I made a few, white, cardstock, text strips to journal, You always {heart} to go to our city parade... especially, when it includes a trip to Lamar's.  May 8, 2008

If you haven't already seen, I, also, posted my TSTR Hip to Be Square Challenge, earlier this morning.  So, keep scrolling down, and have a wonderful rest of your weekend!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Itty Bitties (SU) Paper: Taken With Teal (SU); white (Georgia Pacific); argyle & glitter patterned (DCWV Nana's Kitchen Stack); clear (PTI) Ink: Moonlight White (Brilliance) Other: white foam & black puffy Thickers (American Crafts); string; dimensionals; 1-3/8" Circle punch (SU); parade memento

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Oh this is GREAT Jinny!! Just beautiful! LOVE THE BANNER!!!! :D