TSTR Embrace the White Challenge

Friday, April 9, 2010

Well, I'm back, late, on a Friday, with a card for The Shabby Tea Room's Embrace the White Challenge to create a card or project using mainly white or cream and one other subtle color.
I wasn't even sure if I wanted to post this card.  I'm not sure that I like it so much.  It's just not me.  I love color!  So, anyway, if you find the time, send me some love, because I need it on this one.
I started this card by distressing the white doilies and adhering them, haphazardly, to a piece of kraft cardstock.  I, then, white embossed the butterfly on kraft cardstock; hand cut it out; and adhered it, just at its center, to the card face.  I, then, machine stitched a white-threaded, straight stitch around the edges of the card face and a messy, back-and-forth, white-threaded stitch through the center of the butterfly, before adhering the, now, prepped, kraft cardstock to the white, cardstock, card base.  A sheer, ivory ribbon was, then, wrapped around the card face; tied in a knot; and embellished with a vellum, layer flower, dressed up with a pearlized button and twine.  Finally, "the BEST is yet to be" sentiment, as well as its frame, were stamped, in Creamy Caramel ink, on white cardstock; punched out with SU's Curly Label punch; adhered in the lower, right corner of the card face, just to the bottom right of the butterfly; and embellished with some pearls.

Have a fabulous weekend, ya'll!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Vintage Labels & Best Yet (SU); Butterfly Dreams (PTI) Paper: white (Georgia Pacific); kraft (Best Occasions); vellum (Paper Studio) Ink: Creamy Caramel (SU); Chamomile & Chai (PTI) Other: pearls (Paper Studio); white thread & sewing machine; Curly Label punch (SU); ribbon (Hobby Lobby); twine; button (Jesse James & Co.)

7 comments:

Debbie said...

SO GORGEOUS!! I love all the embellies - paper doilie, paper flower, button and stitching. Simply lovely! Thanks for joining us again in the Tea Room this week and I look forward to seeing another pretty creation from you on Monday for the next challenge :)

JeanFB said...

Gorgeous! Love the doilies with the kraft!

Jenny said...

Sooo pretty great job... love it!!! Come check out the sponsored challenge I just posted on my blog... hope you will come play! :) Have a great weekend!!

PapierGirl said...

Beautiful - I love how you kept with your color scheme for the butterfly! :)

Kim Wilson said...

This is too cute, I am following now and feel free to do the same :)

kay said...

Oh my! This is such a pretty card! I love how you used the whites in your card. The butterfly just stood out! I think I want to make one like this too :) TFS!!!

Dawn said...

Ack! This is one of the best "all white/cream" cards I have ever seen! Gorgeous.