Weekend Fun

Monday, April 12, 2010

Hey, guys!  I've got to take a minute, today, to tell you all how much your comments mean to me.  They really make my whole day!  You all are so encouraging and full of praise!  It simply amazes me, especially in an industry where there is, truly, so much talent!  So, anyway, thanks for leaving me so many comments and for helping me get to my wee six followers!  Yea!  Ya'll are the best!

It was another busy weekend around our place.  Ezekiel had his last basketball game.  I think this picture sums up, perfectly, just how much he really loves the game.
Sheer joy!  Soooo cute!  I just love to see him smile!

While I'm on the subject of Ezekiel, I wanted to take a minute to show you a few of the projects that he's been working on lately.  We found the idea for this first one in our Feb./Mar. 2010 issue of The Mailbox.
All he did was paint paper plates, with cotton balls, in rainbow colors, beginning at the outside edges and working his way in to the centers.  After they dried, he folded them in half and stapled them, just at the top edges, before lacing them through with white yarn.  They look just perfect hanging from the sky light I painted.

His second and final project both came from a book we picked up on our last trip to the library.  The book is called Crafts For Easter by Kathy Ross, and it is, truly, simply amazing and comes highly recommended by us!
He made this sweet Hanging Easter Basket Chick from paper plates, paint, construction paper, patterned paper, pipe cleaners, ribbon, and staples.
Way too cute!  And, finally, he made this Handprint Lamb from construction paper, paint, markers, reinforcement labels, and a little ribbon.
So fun!

We, also, taught Sunday school, again, this weekend; made a little trip, for some, fun, project goodies, to Joann Fabrics; and spent lots of time working in the yard, mowing and preparing our vegetable garden for some yummy AND healthy goodness.  Well, BJ did the latter.  The amount of time I did seemed to give me more sinus trouble.  I'm hurting, guys, and I've got lots of outdoor projects calling my name.  Not good!

Well, I have lots of indoor projects, that are also needing my attention; but before I run, I wanted to show you a card, that I made for one of the ladies in our Scrapbook Club who just had a beautiful, baby boy.
I started this card by machine stitching a lime-green-threaded, straight stitch around the edges of the patterned paper and adhering it to the Green Gable, cardstock, card face.  I, then, stamped the "Congrats ON YOUR NEW LITTLE BUNDLE", in Chocolate Chip ink, right over the patterned paper; wrapped a fun star print ribbon around the card face, above the sentiment; and set it aside.  The baby feet were stamped, in Bashful Blue ink, on a piece of white cardstock; framed in a piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock, as well as more lime green stitching; and flanked with a couple, light blue buttons, laced with white string and tied in bows around the ribbon.  Everything got a healthy dose of distress ink.

Thanks for taking the time to visit today, and have a great week!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Signature Greetings (PTI); Cuddles & Tickles (SU) Paper: Green Gable & Chocolate Chip (SU); white (Georgia Pacific); patterned (American Crafts) Ink: Bashful Blue & Chocolate Chip (SU); Chamomile (PTI) Other: ribbon (Hobby Lobby); buttons (Paper Studio); string; lime green thread & sewing machine

3 comments:

Laural-Lee said...

Jinny you will have many followers in the future I'm sure! I like your style both in crafts and writing. The blue and gable green are a great colour combo that I must try and those kids projects are awesome!

artsy_momma said...

I love the handprint chick! I will have to keep that in mind for next year!

JessEimers said...

I recognize that card:) I loved it by the way and was so sweet of you to think of me! I love to read your blog and see the wonderful crafts that you & your kids do. See you next week at scrapbook club!