Double the Fun

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

So, as promised, I've got this week's Sketchy Thursdays Challenge for you all.
Here's what I came up with.
I started this layout by painting, with acrylic paint, some of the edges of the So Saffron, cardstock page.  I'm really loving this look, right now, guys!  I, then, set it aside to dry and began trimming the argyle, patterned paper with half of scallop circles from lots of color-coordinating, patterned papers.  The edges of it were, then, distressed with Chamomile and Chai inks, before being adhered to the, now, dry, painted, cardstock page.  I, then, adhered an envelope near the upper, left corner of the layout and framed the patterned, paper square with a blue-threaded, straight stitch, running it right over the envelope.
The tag was labeled with a 2.19.09 date and a "P, precious" sticker title and trimmed with a length of navy ribbon.  I, then, opened another pocket up flat, because I just loved the pattern so much, and adhered it near the bottom, right corner of the layout.
After the beautiful pictures of my kiddos were adhered, I machine stitched, with the same blue thread as before, a navy ribbon over a wider, So Saffron ribbon and ruffled it by folding and sticking and folding and sticking it to a strip of Terrifically Tacky Tape.  Finally, I used a few, whole, scallop punches to make a couple, layered flowers.  Their edges were distressed with Chamomile and Chai inks.  They were, also, wrinkled and folded and embellished with yellow buttons.
Again, while all these goodies were out on my table, I decided to make a card.
I started this card by painting, with acrylic paint, the edges of the Brilliant Blue, cardstock, card face.  I, then, set it aside to dry and machine stitched a blue-threaded, straight stitch around the edges of a piece of Old Olive cardstock.  Its edges, as well as the edges of the painted, card base, were given a healthy dose of distress inks.  It was, then, adhered to the center of the card face to house another envelope.  The envelope was adhered to the left side of the Old Olive cardstock, inside the stitching, to off-set the distressed, layered flower I made from another envelope; adhered in the bottom, right corner; and embellished with a brown button, laced with twine.  The tag had a length of navy ribbon looped through its hole and was stamped, in Chocolate Chip ink, with the "thank you FOR YOUR GENEROSITY" sentiment.
I stamped a little flower image, in Brilliant Blue ink, just under and to the right of the sentiment, as well.
I, also, created these projects for Everything But the Kitchen Sinks' Challenge 14: Envelopes.
Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a wonderful Wednesday!

{Supplies & Tools}
Paper: So Saffron (SU); argyle, light-blue polka dot, starry, & plaid patterned (Pebbles, Inc.); dark-blue, polka dot patterned (Paper Studio); envelopes and tag (K&Company) Ink: Chamomile and Chai (PTI) Other: Ivory White, acrylic paint (FolkArt); blue thread & sewing machine; navy ribbon (K&Company); So Saffron ribbon & Scallop punch (SU); buttons (Paper Studio); sticker title (Pebbles, Inc.); Terrifically Tacky Tape (Provo Craft)

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Signature Greetings (PTI); Cheep Talk (SU) Paper: Brilliant Blue & Old Olive (SU); envelope, tag, & patterned (K&Company) Ink: Chocolate Chip & Brilliant Blue (SU); Chamomile (PTI) Other: Ivory White, acrylic paint (FolkArt); button; twine; blue thread & sewing machine; ribbon (K&Company); Scallop punch (SU)

10 comments:

Lynnette said...

I love this. The colors are gorgeous.

Ann said...

These are fabulous creations! I love the colors and dimension on the flowers! Thanks for playing!

Courtney Baker said...

Oh that is way cool Jinny!

Kim Ryden said...

The scrapbook page was from the day that Brooke was born! :) So cute!

Jenny said...

These are FAB!! Love it!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) just GORGEOUS!!! have a great day!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS!!! loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee those photos and the colors!! Thanks soooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Winter said...

So cute! I love them both! Thanks for playing with us in the EBTKS challenge! :)

Laural-Lee said...

Fantastic job Jinny! That scrapbook page is fabulous and I love how your incorporated the envelope. Beautiful card as well. Love the colours.

~kelly marie~ said...

I love these projects!! So fab! Thanks for playing along with EbtKS!

In Love With Scrap said...

Wonderful1!! I love your blog!