Embellish Dimension Color Challenge

Thursday, May 20, 2010

You didn't think that you were rid of me for the day... Did you?  I just had to run take care of a few things, but I'm back and have got Embellish's Dimension Color Challenge for you.
Here's what I came up with.

I started this card by machine stitching a white-threaded, straight stitch around the outside edges of the patterned paper and adhering it to the Chocolate Chip, cardstock, card face.  I, then, cut a few, extra polka dots, from the patterned paper, and adhered them, with dimensionals, over the existing polka dots.  A fun, leafy ribbon was, then, wrapped around the card face; tied in a bow; and embellished with a Really Rust button, laced with white string.  I, also, tucked the "thanks for {owl} you do" sentiment, which had been stamped, in Really Rust and Chocolate Chip inks, and hand cut out, under the button's right edge and popped it off the card face with dimensionals.  The branch was stamped, in Chocolate Chip and Old Olive inks, on white cardstock; glittered; hand cut out; and adhered, just at the branch, so the leaves could lift up for more dimension, yet again, in the bottom left corner of the card face.  Finally, I stamped the owl, in Chocolate Chip ink, on white cardstock; glittered his feathers; hand cut him out; and adhered him, over the branch, with dimensionals.  I, also, couldn't help stamping in more Chocolate Chip ink, cutting, and adhering his eyes with more dimensionals.  It really makes him pop!

I might've gone a little overboard with the dimensionals on this one, but I'd, still, love to hear what you think!  Oh!  And speaking of dimensionals, check out this cute card Ezekiel made for his Daddy.
He picked all the paper and ink colors, as well as the Wild About You stamp set and punch, and even wanted to brush the edges with distress ink and clear emboss the sentiment.  I have to turn it sideways for you to really appreciate all the foam adhesive on this one.
He did such a great job!  I didn't realize how closely he, actually, watched me papercraft :).  Well, I'm off to finish getting our yard sale items together.  It all begins tomorrow!  Wish us luck!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Cheep Talk, Fox & Friends, & Picture This (SU) Paper: Chocolate Chip (SU); white (Georgia Pacific); patterned (My Mind's Eye) Ink: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, & Really Rust (SU) Other: green glitter (K&Company); brown glitter (Doodlebug Design); ribbon; Really Rust button (SU); string; white thread & sewing machine; dimensionals

3 comments:

Laural-Lee said...

Awesome dimension on your dots. Love the owl on the branch and fantastic ribbon to use! Wonderful job on the challenge.

Angela Mclean said...

Nope, you have NOT overdone the dimensionals... this is a mega FAB card... love everything about it and especially how the wee owl's eyes pop!
Your boy NEVER made that card... OK, he did LOL... tell him I say it is AWESOME!!! bet it made his daddy well proud!
Angela xxx.

Mariana Grigsby said...

Such a cute card, Jinny! That owl is adorable, and all the dimension details are great!