Embellish Embossing Color Challenge

Thursday, May 6, 2010

So, so, so excited to tell you all that I was named a Sketchy Thursdays Fave today!
Thanks so much, Sketchy Thursdays Design Team!  It's been a rough week, and it just made my whole day to wake up to such an honor!  Even Adina has been doing what she does best to deal with the stress of it all :).
Oh!  And I just couldn't resist showing you this picture, too.
She came around the corner this morning, looking so cute like this, that I just had to grab my camera.  Unfortunately, she didn't want her picture taken.  She just wanted her Mommy.  Aw!  Poor baby hasn't been feeling the best.  Maybe I'll try, again, later, to get a happy take.

I've got Embellish's Embossing Color Challenge, for you, today.
I, completely, didn't mean to carry this down to the wire, but I got it done just in time for a Mother's Day card for my sister.  Jana, if you're reading this, try to act surprised and so happy, when this arrives in your mailbox :).

I started this card by stamping, in Moonlight white ink, the "HAPPY Mother's Day" sentiment (Watch for this stamp on several more Mother's Day cards, to come, right here on my blog.) in the bottom right corner of a piece of Pink Passion cardstock and clear embossing four rows of butterflies, right over the top.  I, then, used Terrifically Tacky Tape to adhere varying lengths of color-coordinating ribbon down the length of the left side of the embossed cardstock, tucking the ends to the back.  This is a super great way to use up all those scrap ribbons!  Check out my Meet Speckles, Turk, and Queen post for another one of my favorite ways to use up scrap ribbons.
Finally, I machine stitched a yellow-threaded, straight stitch around the outside edges of the embossed cardstock and adhered it to the Yoyo Yellow, cardstock card face.

May your day be filled aflutter with sweet surprises!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Butterfly Dreams (PTI); All-Year Cheer II (SU) Paper: Yoyo Yellow & Pink Passion (SU) Ink: Moonlight White (Brilliance); VersaMark Other: clear embossing powder; ribbon (mostly Hobby Lobby); yellow thread & sewing machine; Terrifically Tacky Tape (Provo Craft)

3 comments:

Ayana Posadas said...

Super cute card!
And those pictures are just adorable!!!

Angela Mclean said...

Beautiful - great tip for how to use ribbons! LOVE your baby photos also - mega CUTE!
Angela xxx.

Mariana Grigsby said...

Your little girl is adorable!... and Your card is wonderful! I love the ribbons!