Fun Stuff

Friday, May 14, 2010

So many things to share, today; but for the sake of all of you coming here via my link on The Shabby Tea Room blog, I'll share my take on their Chipboard Challenge, to use chipboard in a papercrafting design, first.
I started this card by painting the chipboard tag and chipboard flowers with acrylic paints.  While they were drying, I layered that gorgeous piece of vellum onto a piece of white cardstock and machine stitched a white-threaded, straight stitch all around its edges.  That vellum was given to me, as a gift, for one of the baby showers I had with Ezekiel.  I'm not kidding!  It's so yummy!  Why have I been hoarding it?!  Anyway, both papers were, then, adhered to the Old Olive, cardstock, card face.  The color of the chipboard tag turned out a little brighter yellow than I wanted, so I smudged the surface with Chamomile and Chai, distress inks.  Perfect!  I, then, stamped it, in Chocolate Chip ink, with the "to You from me" sentiment; laced it with a sheer, white ribbon, wrapped around the card face; adhered it to the vellum paper surface; and finally, tied its ribbon in a bow, right at the top.
I, then, stamped the strawberry images (Would you believe that I've had this stamp for over a year and never used it?!  Craziness!), in Rose Red and Old Olive inks, on white cardstock; glittered them; hand cut them out; and adhered two of them with dimensionals and one of them, flat, to the tag surface.  They were, then, dressed up with the painted, chipboard flowers, which had, also, been glittered; string; and yellow buttons.

So, today was our last day of first grade.

Yippeee!  Unfortunately, Ezekiel has been a little lazy with his studies, so he and BJ will be finishing up a few things tomorrow; but all of the instruction, testing, projects, etc. are complete.  Anyway, he's been writing lots of stories, lately.  Last week, he wrote a story about ladybugs, and I wanted to show it to you.  Check out his title!
He came up with that all on his own!  The Kind Killer... So catchy!  It, definitely, makes me want to see what it's all about.
We, also, made this fun, beaded, ladybug, safety pin.
Can't you just see these embellishing scrapbook pages, notebooks, or, even, birthday packages or treat bags?!  So fun!  We found the idea for them in the Family Crafts section of About.com, and they've got hundreds of different designs, from airplanes to mittens to pumpkins to the letter z, listed both alphabetically and by topic or theme.

Well, I'm off to do another load of laundry and get ready for a date with my hubby; but I wanted to leave you, for the weekend, with a few of the yummy, crafting goodies I'm just in love with, right now, beginning with the newest Noel Mignon Lemonade Stand Kit.

I'm, also, still loving Cosmo Cricket's Garden Variety...
and Material Girl collections...
as well as Crate Paper's Paper Doll collection.
Finally, I, absolutely, love this Background Basics: Text Style from Papertrey Ink...

and this Design Basics: Backgrounds I from WPlus9 Design.


Oh!  And check out Heather Bailey's new Claira and Clancy Pig Dolls pattern.
Sew sweet!

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Tart & Tangy & Best Yet (SU) Ink: Rose Red, Old Olive, & Chocolate Chip (SU); Chamomile & Chai (PTI) Paper: Old Olive (SU); white (Georgia Pacific); strawberry vellum (Creative Memories) Other: glitter (K&Company); string; yellow buttons (Paper Studio); dimensionals; chipboard tag and flowers (Best Occasions); Ivory White & Lemonade, acrylic paints (FolkArt); ribbon (Hobby Lobby); white thread & sewing machine

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Jinny, oh my ... SO MUCH goodness on this post, where do I begin??? First, yes, I don't blame you for 'hoarding' that delicious berry vellum!! Your project is just perfect for our chipboard challenge! Next, congrats on the completion of 1st grade for your son -- my baby graduates from high school in 3 weeks! And for all your favs ... MINE TOO! I could eat those CC papers - especially {heart} Material Girl! Gotta get me some of that Crate Paper Doll DSP - soooo cute! Will go good with my Girls' Paperie stuff too! Wish we lived close to one another - I know we'd be the perfect stamping buddies :)

Hugs, Deb

Laural-Lee said...

Jinny that vellum is beautiful. I love those glittered strawberries. Tart & Tangy is one of my favourite SU! sets. Such a lovely beautiful card.

june lanum said...

this card is so pretty and refreshing.

Elisabeth said...

This card is just so beautiful.
Thanks for sharing all the other ideas. I love the garden variety. I got to order it

Elisabeth said...

How wonderful.