Happy Mother's Day!

Sunday, May 9, 2010

We just got back from a morning, of teaching Sunday school, at church; a little jaunt into a super busy Starbucks; and a yummy, Mother's Day lunch at Zio's.  My heart and tummy are full, and I'm, totally, ready for a little nap.  Before we all head that direction, I wanted to take a minute to show you my Mom's Mother's Day card.

So, it has been a super long time since I've taken on a Mojo Monday sketch, but Sketch 137 was the inspiration for her card.
I flipped the sketch around a bit but, really, love the way it turned out; and she was sure to tell me, this morning, that she, really, loved it, too :).
I started her card by stamping the "HAPPY Mother's Day" sentiment, in Moonlight White ink, on a piece of kraft cardstock, whose edges were distressed with Chamomile ink.  I, then, adhered it to the floral, patterned paper and machine stitched a white-threaded, straight stitch around the edges of both, before adhering them to the Always Artichoke, cardstock, card face.  I, then, stamped a square image, in Always Artichoke ink, on a strip of white cardstock.  Without re-inking, I stamped it, in a row, three more times on that same strip of white cardstock.  I, then, distressed its edges with Chamomile and Chai, distress inks and adhered it, horizontally, over the top portion of the kraft cardstock.
A piece of oval chipboard was, then, painted with ivory, acrylic paint, just to maintain the color integrity of the silver glitter, which was added, before adhering it to the card face and dressing it with a distressed, paper flower, embellished with a cute, little, flower button, laced with twine.  Finally, I added a row of polka dot and heart brads in the bottom, right corner of the floral, patterned paper, just inside the stitching frame.

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms who are reading this!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: All-Year Cheer II & Little Shapes (SU) Paper: Always Artichoke (SU); white (Georgia Pacific); kraft (Best Occasions); red & floral patterned (Cosmo Cricket Dutch Girl) Ink: Always Artichoke (SU); Moonlight White (Brilliance); Chamomile & Chai (PTI) Other: white thread & sewing machine; Sending Love, epoxy brads & Scallop punch (SU); chipboard (Best Occasions); Ivory White, acrylic paint (FolkArt); silver glitter (K&Company); button; twine

1 comment:

Karen B. said...

Such a beautiful card, all your elements work so well together! Love the patterned paper and your focal flower. Well, love everything about your card!