Happy National Scrapbooking Day!

Saturday, May 1, 2010

In honor of this special day, I have our April Scrapbook Club layout to share with you all.
At club, we layered the strip of Taken With Teal cardstock down the left side of the Elegant Eggplant, cardstock layout and a strip of pink, polka dot, patterned paper down the right side.  The entire bottom of the layout boasts another patterned paper, from Stampin' Up's Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper Stack, as well as a length of black, satin ribbon.  Kim had us make a really sweet, happy birthday banner, flanked by corduroy brads, too; but it just wasn't making me happy, on this particular layout, so I'm saving it for another birthday page.
At home, I hand stitched, with pink, embroidery floss, a heart around my pictures; added lots of turquoise and pink buttons, laced with white string; and rubbed a length of rub-on flowers across the top of the piece of Taken With Teal cardstock.
On this side of the layout, I used turquoise and pink, as well as black, puffy, alpha stickers to create the "birthday memories" title.  Part of the "memories" title lies on top of a Pretty in Pink, cardstock, journal box, where I wrote, BJ treated me to a special night out to dinner, where he gave me this letter.  I am so blessed to have the {love} of my life as my best friend.  If it looks like my letter is grungy, it is.  I, accidentally, spilled coffee on it.  I was so bummed!  I, also, roughed up the edges of the journal box a bit and added lots more turquoise and pink buttons, some layered and some laced with white string...

as well as another length of rub-on flowers, vertically, just to the left of the pink, polka dot, patterned paper.

Well, I'm off to pull out a few more pictures and do some more scrapbooking.  The boys are still at our church serve day, and Adina is sound asleep after our morning, shopping adventure.  Happy National Scrapbooking Day!

{Supplies & Tools}
Paper: Taken With Teal, Elegant Eggplant, Pretty in Pink, & Sweet Pea Designer Series Papers (SU) Ink: Basic Black Other: black, satin ribbon (SU); buttons (Paper Studio); string; Pastel Sticky Alpha Stax (Colorbok); black, puffy, alpha stickers (American Crafts); Sew Easy rub-ons (Doodlebug Design); pink, embroidery floss

No comments: