March Project 12 LO & EBTKS Sketch Challenge 15

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The sun is, finally, shining in our neck of the woods, and it is a beautiful day!

I, recently, ran into a challenge called Project 12 over on the Scrapbook & Cards Today blog.  The idea behind it is to create a layout that boasts your favorite photos of what you've been up to each month.  Thus, 12 layouts, in your album, for the year.  While the idea is super awesome and, completely, doable, it is just way too hard, at this point in our lives, for me to pick only a handful of favorites.  However, I, absolutely, love, love, LOVE their sketches and wanted to share the one from March, with you all, today.
Here's what I came up with.
I started this layout by layering all those gorgeous, patterned papers on the Brocade Blue, cardstock page.  I, then, did a little zig-zag stitching, with light-blue thread, on my machine, not only between papers, but also along the outside edge of one of the photos.  I, also, added a punched strip of Pumpkin Pie cardstock and a die-cut, photo corner.
The other side is a mirror image, of the first, as far as papers and stitching go; but this side, also, has lots more goodies, including coordinating tags; "100% ORIGINAL" tab, star, and photo corner die-cuts; "ONE of a kind" sticker title; buttons; and ribbons.  I, also, stamped, in Basic Black ink, a soccer ball image; glittered it; hand cut it out; and adhered it, with dimensionals, near the upper, left corner of the journal tag.  The journal tag reads, You just loved playing soccer, down the street, with your friend Kai.  Nov. '08
 
Don't you just love all those horizontal lines?!  They're perfect for Everything But the Kitchen Sink's Sketch Challenge 15.
But I didn't stop there.  With all the extra goodies, I created this birthday card for Ezekiel's friend Ryan.
Again, I started by layering all those yummy, patterned papers on the Brocade Blue, cardstock, card base.  I, then, machine stitched some zig-zag and straight stitches, all light-blue-threaded, between papers, and added another, punched strip of Pumpkin Pie cardstock.  The "Happy Birthday" sentiment was stamped, in Basic Black ink, right on the patterned paper, and a soccer ball trail was created from rub-on stitches.  The soccer ball was stamped in Basic Black ink; glittered; hand cut out; and adhered with dimensionals, just like on the layout above.  Finally, I added a "THAT ROCKS!" die-cut arrow, pointing right towards the ball, to complete the look.

Oh!  And remember the beaded, ladybug, safety pin, that Ezekiel made for school; and I showed you all, in my Fun Stuff post, last week?  Well, he made a soccer ball pin, too, to dress up the outside of his friend's birthday package.
Well, I've got lots of clothing to sort through for our yard sale this weekend.  Busy!  Busy!  Thanks so much for stopping by!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Butterfly Dreams (PTI); soccer ball (?) Paper: Brocade Blue & Pumpkin Pie (SU); white (Georgia Pacific); soccer ball & green & white, polka dot patterned (Paper Studio); green, number & blue, polka dot patterned (Basic Grey) Ink: Basic Black (SU) Other: die-cuts & 2010 Sale-A-Bration punch (SU); tags (Basic Grey); sticker title (EK Success); green & black & white, gingham ribbons (Hobby Lobby); orange & blue buttons (Paper Studio); black glitter (K&Company); Sew Easy rub-on stitches (Doodlebug Design); light-blue thread & sewing machine; dimensionals

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Love these creations... wonderful!!! :) :) :) :) Have fun sorting!!!

Virginia L. said...

What a COOL card for the ETBK challenge! I love the colors and design!

Lisa Petrella said...

Awesome scrapbook layouts, and I LOVE how you used the extras to create that ideal masculine birthday card!!!! And the soccer pin is such a perfect finishing touch for the birthday package!!!!

Davinie Fiero said...

Oh my gosh. That soccer ball pin! I remember making those when I was young!

Soccer was my April. I needed that soccer ball paper! Great layout with the sketch.

Winter said...

Too cute! I love them all! Thanks for playing with us in the EBTKS Challange! :)

Courtney Baker said...

Wow you've been busy a card and a layout! Both are so cute! Thanks for playing!