Pencil Lines' Sketch 184

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Happy Sunday, everyone!  It is an, absolutely, gorgeous day in our neck of the woods.  We stopped by Home Depot's nursery on the way home from church.  A little birdie told me that the quart-size plants were buy one get one free, but no one seemed to know what I was talking about.  Anyway, I did pick up a blue daisy plant for my red, white, and blue garden and a few more hastas.  Now, I'd better stop buying plants, before my hubby disowns me :).

I've got Pencil Lines' Sketch 184, provided by founder Anna Bowkis, for you all, today.
Here's what I came up with.
Most of the goodies, on this page, came from a Making Memories scrapbooking kit, including all the papers, printed paper blossoms, and word fetti and alphabet stickers.  The first thing I did was adhere the solid, pink, paper circle to the giraffe, patterned paper and machine stitched a pink-threaded, zig-zag stitch around its edges.  I, then, layered on a strip of pink, animal-printed cardboard, which, actually, came directly from the kit packaging, and machine stitched a pink-threaded, straight stitch around its edges, as well as around the edges of the floral, patterned, paper strip.  The "StaNDinG uP TAlL" title was created from alpha stickers.  I, then, added a few, word fetti stickers and stamped that cute little dinosaur, in More Mustard ink, on white cardstock; hand cut him out; and dazzled him with a few, gemstone spots.
Lastly, I painted a piece of oval chipboard with turquoise, acrylic paint; glittered it; dressed its edges with spaced gemstones; and embellished it with layered, paper blossoms.
I squeezed in a pink, adhesive, flower die-cut, between the larger and smaller blossoms, and topped its center with an aqua button.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got a certain young man to look in on.  He's supposed to be cleaning his room.  It is beyond me how in the world he can get it as crazy messy and dirty as he does!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Fox & Friends (SU) Paper: Animal Crackers Ella (Making Memories); white (Georgia Pacific) Ink: More Mustard (SU) Other: chipboard oval (Best Occasions); Paradise, acrylic paint (Delta Creative); gemstones & aqua button (Paper Studio); turquoise glitter (Doodlebug Design); alpha & word fetti stickers & printed paper blossoms (Making Memories); pink, flower die-cut (SU); pink thread & sewing machine

No comments: