Sketchy Thursdays

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

We just got back from a crazy trip to the mall.  I'm not a mall person.  Matter of fact, I don't think we've been to the mall since we had our family pictures taken in November.  But I wanted to look for a birthday gift for my sister, and Adina, really, needed to have her 18-month pictures taken.  We've rescheduled her shoot like half a dozen times for one reason or another.  It was a mess!  She did great at smiling, as long as her mouth was full of Cheerios.  The tricky part was getting her to hold still long enough to capture that smile.  I thought that I'd walk out with no pictures, at all; but a few, truly, did end up being good, and I'm not saying so just because I'm her Mom :).  Check out this sweet barrette, that I made, for her to wear, for her pictures, using The Purl Bee's Molly's Sketchbook: Rose Barrettes tutorial.
It went perfect with this turquoise tu-tu I made, using Samster Mommy's 10 Minute Tu-Tu tutorial.
And, boy, did that turquoise pop on the white background!  She was, simply, gorgeous!

I've got this week's Sketchy Thursdays sketch, for you, today.
Here's what I came up with.
I started this layout by layering the floral, patterned paper on the Apricot Appeal, cardstock base.  I, then, added two strips of pink paper and took both pages to the sewing machine for a few aqua-threaded, straight stitches.  A couple strips of punched, aqua cardstock, as well as pink and brown, stripe, patterned paper, brought me right back to the sewing machine for some aqua-threaded, ziz-zag stitches.  The final layer, before adhering the photos, was the pink and white, polka dot, patterned paper, which was, also, machine stitched, with an aqua-threaded, straight stitch, across the top and bottom.  I, then, added lots of word fetti stickers, as well as a few, pink, flower gemstones, across the bottom of the layout, just below the patterned papers, on the Apricot Appeal cardstock.
That brought me to the individual pages.
This side of the layout boasts a length of sheer, aqua ribbon; layered, printed, paper blossoms, embellished with buttons, one laced with white string, tied in a bow, and the other dazzled with gemstones; and tiny, sticker flowers, decked out with gemstones.
The last thing I did on this side of the layout was paint a little acrylic in the bottom right corner of the pink, polka dot, patterned paper for the May 7, 2009 date.  I carried that paint over, onto the other side of the layout...

to create a frame for my journaling, which reads, I just cannot resist taking naked baby pictures of you.  You, truly, are, absolutely, without a doubt, perfectly, gorgeous in every way.
The length of sheer, aqua ribbon ends, laced through a piece of chipboard and tied off with a button, laced with white string and tied in a bow, on this side of the layout.
The piece of chipboard was painted with acrylic paint and glittered to frame more printed, paper blossoms, embellished with gemstones.  Finally, this side of the layout, also, has plenty more sticker flowers, dressed up with gemstones.

{Supplies & Tools}
Paper: Apricot Appeal & pink, polka dot patterned (SU); solid pink & floral patterned (Making Memories); aqua & pink & brown, stripe patterned (?) Ink: Basic Black (SU) Other: gemstones & pink buttons (Paper Studio); word fetti & flower stickers & printed, paper blossoms (Making Memories); chipboard & 2010 Sale-A-Bration punch (SU); Ivory White & Ballet Pink, acrylic paint; white glitter (K&Company); white string; aqua thread & sewing machine; ribbon (Hobby Lobby)

1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooooooooooooooooooo CUTE!!!! Lovin' that tutu and the barrette!!! And love love love love love your LO!! The photos are ADORABLE!!! Thanks soooooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)