TSTR Polka Dot Tea Party

Sunday, May 30, 2010

This post has been scheduled, because, right now, we're, most likely, enjoying our last few hours, of the Memorial Day weekend, camping, hiking, swimming, etc. at the lake.  We're taking Monday to recover a bit :), as well as get all the yard work, that is, always, difficult to do during a work week, done.  Anyway, I'm sure that I'll have lots of pictures, for you, later this week; but, for today, I've got The Shabby Tea Room's Polka Dot Tea Party challenge, to create a card or project, using either a tea or tea party theme or polka dots or both and this photograph as inspiration.
While I love the idea of the tea party theme, I, really, like to try to use these challenges to inspire me to make cards with specific recipients in mind.  Believe it or not, most of my cards, that you see here on my blog, actually, have a new home, before they're even posted.  Anyway, I wasn't loving the tea party idea for my parents' anniversary card, but those polka dots had my creative side running wild.  Here's what I came up with.
I started this card by painting the square piece of chipboard, boasting a cut out heart, with acrylic paint; glittered it, before it had time to dry; and set it aside to dry completely.  I, then, stamped the polka dots, in Moonlight White ink, on the Old Olive, cardstock card face and clear embossed the "HOPE this year IS YOUR BEST ONE YET" sentiment, right over the polka dots, in the bottom right corner of the card face.  The piece of pink, polka dot, patterned paper was punched across its top edge; machine stitched, with a white-threaded, machine stitch, across its top, just below the punching, and bottom edges; distressed with Chamomile and Chai inks; and adhered, to the card face, just above the sentiment.  I, then, distressed the edges of the entire card face, as well.  The prepped chipboard piece was backed with a heart-filled, polka dot, patterned paper and adhered, over the pink, polka dot, patterned paper, directly above the sentiment.  Finally, I wrapped a sheer, white, polka dot ribbon around the card face, over the pink, polka dot, patterned paper, between the lower, stitched edge and the chipboard piece; tied it in a dressy bow, just left of center; and embellished it with a pink button, laced with white string.
Be back, tomorrow, with another challenge!  Have a good one!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Signature Greetings (PTI); Polka Dot Jumbo wheel (SU) Paper: Old Olive & both patterned (SU) Ink: Moonlight White (Brilliance); Chamomile & Chai (PTI) Other: clear embossing powder; white string; white thread & sewing machine; white, sheer, polka dot ribbon (PTI); pink button (Paper Studio); heart, chipboard piece & 2010 Sale-A-Bration punch (SU); white glitter (K&Company); Ballet Pink, acrylic paint (FolkArt)

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Very pretty, Jinny! Thanks for joining us this week in the Tea Room :)

Audrey Pettit said...

How very, very pretty this is. Love the dots and love that heart. Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR.