Tuesday Trigger: Card Creations Week

Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day!  I hope that the weather where you are is as gorgeous as it is here.  Despite the fact that we've been outside since Friday, due to our camping trip, we were outside, here at home, again, all morning.  We're relishing having BJ home, with us, for one more day.  Matter of fact, while I'm typing this post and the kiddos are resting, he's rebuilding our picnic table, for us, and I'm soooo elated!  Yippeee!

I've got Moxie Fab World's Tuesday Trigger: Card Creations Week...

to create a paper crafted project inspired by Jessica Witty's embellished "birthday WISHES" card...
which is found in the pages of the above publication, and Betsy Veldman's "HI there" creation, which was inspired by Jessica's...

for you all, today.  I just love how all the embellishments, in these beauties, create such a fun, playful look, while maintaining a certain cohesiveness.  Here's what I came up with.
I started by stamping the medallion stamp, in a grid pattern, in Barely Banana ink, on white cardstock.  The stamped cardstock was, then, adhered to the kraft, cardstock, card base and given a healthy dose of Chamomile and Chai, distress inks.  I, then, wrapped a red, saddle-stitched ribbon, vertically, around the card face and tied it in a bow, before beginning the embellishment of each medallion.  Beginning in the top left corner, I adhered a pink button, embellished with pearls.  Moving across the top row, I adhered a red, star-shaped, cookie cutter embellishment and a chipboard heart, which had been painted, with acrylic paint, and glittered.  In the second row, I adhered, with dimensionals, a stamped, in Jet Black, StazOn ink, ladybug, which had, also, been watered colored, in shades of Real Red, hand cut out, and embellished with gemstones.  The butterfly was stamped, in Pretty in Pink ink, on white cardstock; glittered; hand cut out; embellished with varying sizes of red gemstones; and adhered just at its center in order to give the wings lift off the card face surface.  The last medallion, in the second row, boasts an epoxy brad.  In the last row, I adhered a red, heart-shaped button, laced with white string, tied in a bow, and a pink, felt, flower brad; and in the final, stamped medallion, I stamped, in Real Red ink, the "Girly, YOU ROCK!" sentiment.
Well, I'd better go get dinner ready for the grill and see how that picnic table is coming along.  Maybe it'll be ready in time for dinner :).  Thanks so much for stopping by!

Oh!  And I'd just love for you all to run on over to 2 Sketches 4 You to check out my card that made last week's Fab 5, as well as Cards Blog to check out a sweet, little number I created for last week's Punny Sentiments Challenge.  The first can, also, be found in my 2S4Y Sketch 53 & Reader's Choice Color Inspiration No. 2 post; and I'll have all the deets on the latter one, for you all, right here on my blog, later this week.  Thanks so much for featuring my cards, ladies!  I, truly, am so honored!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Signature Greetings, Giga Guidelines, & Butterfly Dreams (PTI); Very Punny (SU) Paper: white (Georgia Pacific); kraft (Best Occasions) Ink: Real Red, Pretty in Pink, & Barely Banana (SU); Jet Black (StazOn) Other: pearls, pink button, & clear gemstones (Paper Studio); red gemstones & white glitter (K&Company); pink glitter (Doodlebug Design); chipboard heart (Best Occasions); Ballet Pink, acrylic paint (FolkArt); red, star-shaped, cookie cutter (?); Sending Love, epoxy brad (SU); red, heart-shaped button (Jesse James & Co. Grandma's Grab Bag); white string; pink, felt, flower brad (Scrapbooking Hearts & Blooms Collection); red, saddle-stitched ribbon (Hobby Lobby); dimensionals

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Too cute love it!! Have a nice BBQ :) :) :)

Cath said...

Hey Jinny! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)