2S4Y Sketch 54

Friday, June 18, 2010

Here I go, again, taking on a 2 Sketches 4 You sketch (specifically, Sketch 54).  It's been a weird week.  Maybe I'm not myself, but I think these sketches are kinda growing on me :).  Yeah!
Anyway, here's what I came up with to start the Father's Day weekend off right.
I started this card by layering a piece of distressed, polka dot, patterned paper on top of a piece of aqua cardstock on top of a piece of Pumpkin Pie cardstock and machine stitching a brown-threaded, straight stitch down the length of the patterned paper's top and bottom edges.  I, then, adhered all prepped papers to the Not Quite Navy, cardstock, card face.  The white, cardstock rectangles were stamped, in Pumpkin Pie ink, with the leafy images; distressed with Chamomile and Chai inks; and adhered, side by side, with dimensionals, to the card face, overlapping the layered papers.  Finally, I stamped the "HAPPY FATHER'S DAY" sentiment, in Chocolate Chip ink, on white cardstock; distressed it with more Chamomile and Chai inks; framed it with a square of torn, Chocolate Chip cardstock; embellished it with a folded length of Enchanted Evening, saddle stitch ribbon and an orange button, laced with hemp twine; and adhered it, with dimensionals, to the bottom center of the stamped rectangles.
Have a wonderful day, everyone!  But please, come back, later, for my take on Moxie Fab World's latest Tuesday Trigger.  And thanks!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: All-Year Cheer II & Kind and Caring Thoughts (SU) Paper: Not Quite Navy, Pumpkin Pie, & Chocolate Chip (SU); white (Georgia Pacific); aqua & polka dot patterned (?) Ink: Chocolate Chip & Pumpkin Pie (SU); Chamomile & Chai (PTI) Other: Enchanted Evening, saddle stitch ribbon (PTI); orange button (Paper Studio); hemp twine; brown thread & sewing machine; dimensionals

4 comments:

Liv said...

ohh... Awesome card! I like the color combo and it is just the perfect card for Fathers day!

Monika Reeck said...

Oh my a very great Fathers day card, lovely happy colors you have choosen :)...I am joining too the 2S4U challenge would you mind to see my blog?Many thanks before, hugs, Monika

Laura Davis said...

Wowzers fantastic!I love it :)
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Laurie said...

This is an awesome card! I love it! Thanks for visiting my blog! I am so gonna have to visit yours more often! :)

(Love your blog title and verse! Awesome!)