CARDS Blog Punny Sentiments Challenge

Thursday, June 3, 2010

So, I'm taking a break from my never-ending list of chores, which by the way, isn't going so well, and thought that I'd stop in, again, today, to give you the details on that sweet, little number I had up on the Cards Blog, for their Punny Sentiments Challenge, last Friday, that I've been promising.
I had so much fun building all the layers for this one.  I started by painting the scalloped, chipboard circle with acrylic paint; distressing its edges with Chamomile and Chai inks; glittering it; and setting it aside to dry, while I began stacking the other, card elements.  I, then, machine stitched a white-threaded, straight stitch around the edges of a square piece of pink, polka dot, patterned paper, before adhering it to the kraft, cardstock, card base.  The paper doily was, then, layered in the center of the patterned paper; and in the center of that, I layered a playful, frame sticker, which built me right back to the, now, dry, prepped chipboard that was adhered next.  I, then, adhered two different rectangular die-cuts, one off the left side of the chipboard, and the other off the right side.  I just love that sweet, three-dimensional, cherry sticker, which was added just before the little cow.

The cow was stamped, in Jet Black ink, on white cardstock; water colored in shades of Close to Cocoa and Pretty in Pink inks; and adhered, with dimensionals, just left of the cherry sticker. Finally, I stamped the "like no udder" sentiment, in Pretty in Pink ink, on white cardstock; hand cut it out; distressed it with Chamomile and Chai inks; and adhered it under the right edge of a blue, heart button, which was laced with white string, tied in a bow.

Okay, I've got to get back to work, but thanks so much for stopping by!  I always love to read all your encouraging comments.  Have a fabulous day!  And please, come back, tomorrow, for a couple, more, papercrafty projects, inspired by Dawn's Color Cue {4} Challenge.

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Very Punny (SU) Paper: kraft (Best Occasions); white (Georgia Pacific); pink, polka dot patterned (SU) Ink: Pretty in Pink & Close to Cocoa (SU); Jet Black (StazOn); Chamomile & Chai (PTI) Other: paper doily; sticker frame & blue, rectangular die-cut (C.R. Gibson); scalloped, chipboard circle (SU); Ballet Pink, acrylic paint (FolkArt); white glitter, three-dimensional cherry sticker, & lacey rectangular die-cut (K&Company); blue, heart button (Paper Studio); white string; dimensionals; white thread & sewing machine

No comments: