Color Combos Galore #147

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

It's just another, HOT, summer day in our neck of the woods.  I, really, could do without all this heat.  Last night, Ezekiel and I were working in my gardens...  Ick!  I think that I just discovered another patch of poison ivy on the back of my hand.  Ugh!  Anyway, as I was saying, we were working in my gardens, sweating up a storm, and getting bombarded by mosquitoes, and I couldn't help longing for my Colorado home.  Kansas is just so hot and humid!  Now, I know that it doesn't hold a candle to other parts of the country; but by choice, I'd just never live in those parts.  Anyway, I'll stop complaining now :).  So sorry.  I, really, will survive.

So, I've got Color Combos Galore #147, for you all, today.
My take was inspired by one of Becky Fleck's November 2009 sketches.
Here's what I came up with.
I started this layout by layering the strips of embossed, daisy, patterned paper, trimmed with a punched, honey-colored, floral, patterned paper, down the outside of each, green, patterned, paper page.  I, then, adhered punched strips of Chocolate Chip cardstock, between the two, and the photographs along the outer edges.
A punched, down its right side, and distressed, ivory, cardstock, journal box was, then, adhered under the punched scallops, near the bottom right, of the left side of the layout.  It reads, This was such a fun Thanksgiving with the whole crew.  It included our traditional turkey dinner with all the trimmings.  Of which, green bean casserole and cinnamon jell-o have become my favorites.  We, always, have such a good time just playing games, talking, laughing up a storm, and munching on the leftovers.  There's nothing difficult about it.  It's the meaning of family.  I, then, adhered the chipboard, "family" title to the lower portion of a square of polka dot, patterned paper, which had been framed with Chocolate Chip cardstock, and wrapped a stitched, sheer, olive ribbon around the upper portion; tied it in a bow, just right of center; and embellished it with a yellow button, laced with hemp twine.
After adhering the prepped piece above the journaling, I added a couple, honey-colored brackets, around the title, and a few, pearl-studded, ivory flowers, here and there.
On this right side of the layout, I tucked another piece of polka dot, patterned paper, near the bottom left of the page, behind the scallops to help anchor my favorite picture of the lot.
The photograph was, also, enhanced by a couple, chipboard swirls; pearls; and a few, more, pearl-studded, ivory flowers.  Finally, I tucked a distressed, Cricut-cut, ivory, date (Nov. 26, 2009) tag, which had been laced with more, stitched, sheer, olive ribbon and embellished with another, yellow button, laced with hemp twine, under the picture's right edge and the punched strips of Chocolate Chip cardstock, overlapping the outer pictures.
Well, I'm off to find something more to entertain my kiddos in the cool of our air-conditioned home; and I believe, there's another load of laundry waiting to be folded.  Have a great day, everyone!

{Supplies & Tools}
Paper: Chocolate Chip (SU); ivory (Best Occasions); embossed daisy, floral, & green patterned (Heidi Grace Designs Wild Daisy Rd., Floral, & Harvest Row); polka dot patterned (?) Ink: Basic Black (SU); Tea Dye (Ranger) Other: pearls & yellow buttons (Paper Studio); hemp twine; pearl-studded, ivory flowers (JoAnn Fabrics); all chipboard (K&Company); stitched, sheer, olive ribbon (Hobby Lobby); edger punch (EK Success); Scallop & Spiral punches (SU); George & Basic Shapes, Cricut cartridge

No comments: