Color Cue {4} Challenge & Pencil Lines' Sketch 188

Friday, June 4, 2010

So, so, SO excited to be typing this post on our new laptop; but please, bear with me, while I work through all the kinks of blogging here.

I, totally, loved working with the colors Dawn had in her Color Cue {4} Challenge this month...
so much so, that I used it as inspiration for both a card and a layout.  Let's start with the card.
I started this card by layering the daisy frame die-cut onto the Not Quite Navy, cardstock, card face, which had been distressed with Moonlight White ink.  It was topped with a white, paper doily, which acted as a frame for the blue, baby feet sticker.  I, then, framed that with a yellow, chipboard square, which I had glittered, and adhered a small, epoxy, glitter duck in its bottom right corner.  The "hello little baby {welcome home}" sentiment was stamped, in Not Quite Navy ink, on white cardstock; distressed with Chamomile and Chai inks; adhered to the bottom of the chipboard frame, overhanging the top edge; and flanked with two, light blue buttons, laced with white string.  Finally, I tied a small length of light blue, saddle-stitched ribbon in a knot; adhered it to the upper left corner of the chipboard frame; and tucked a "bebe" die-cut, which had been distressed with Chamomile and Chai inks, under its bottom edge, overhanging the paper doily and blue, baby feet sticker.
My scrapbook layout was, not only inspired by Dawn's color challenge above, but also by Pencil Lines' Sketch 188, provided by scrapbooker Lory.
Here's what I came up with.
I started this layout by adhering all those yummy, little boy, sayings die-cuts down the right side of it.
A couple, baby-themed chipboard circles were, then, adhered, with dimensionals; and the boat was embellished with gemstones and the heart with a yellow button, laced with white string.  All these baby goodies are so yummy, and I soooo wish that I could tell you who made them.  I must've thrown the kit packaging away, because I've searched high and low, and none of them are stamped on the back.  Bummer!  I, then, painted a large, journal box in the upper left side of the page, in which I wrote, I sent the photo, on the right, below in to Parenting Magazine for their Cover Baby Contest.  You just looked so full of life and ready to take on the world.  Plus, who couldn't resist those beautiful baby blues and chubby cheeks?  Well, we didn't win the contest, but you'll always be a Cover Baby in my eyes.  1.6.04
After adhering the pictures, I added a couple, punched, photo corners to the upper corners of the photograph on the left.

Well, guys, it's early; and I've got lots to mark off my to-do list, today, so I'd better get crackin'.  Have a fabulous weekend!
{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Sweet Little Sentiments (SU) Paper: Not Quite Navy (SU); white (Georgia Pacific) Ink: Not Quite Navy (SU); Chamomile & Chai (PTI); Moonlight White (Brilliance) Other: ribbon (Hobby Lobby); white string; light blue buttons (Paper Studio); epoxy, glitter duck (EK Success Jolee's); white glitter (K&Company); blue, baby feet sticker (Pebbles, Inc.); paper doily; yellow, chipboard frame & "bebe" die-cut (?); daisy frame die-cut (C.R. Gibson)
{Supplies & Tools}
Paper: polka dot patterned & light blue (?) Ink: Basic Black (SU) Other: sayings die-cuts (?); gemstones & yellow button (Paper Studio); white string; Winter White, acrylic paint (FolkArt); Photo Corner punch (SU)

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Such a lovely card and an adorable LO!!! great work!! LOVE IT!! :) :) :) have a wonderful weekend!!!

Heather P. said...

Awesome job w/the colors!! I *LOVE* the expression on his face in the photo, and you have GORGEOUS handwriting! So jealous! :)

Elise said...

Okay, Jinny! I just wrote a novella, so in case it disappeared, I LOVE your work and your adorable babies! {If you approve your posts and I didn't notice, than you have some extra love on these great pieces! - and I look a little silly.. hee hee}

Dawn said...

Oh Jenny, Jenny...these are perfect!!! I always look forward to seeing your creations.

Thanks for playing along again.