Color Cue {5} Challenge

Sunday, June 27, 2010

I hope that you're all having a fantastic weekend! Ours has been full of busy work in the yard. I planted a few more beauties in my red, white, and blue garden. It's, finally, beginning to fill in. We, also, harvested a couple goodies from our vegetable garden, including a jalapeno pepper...
and this huge mound of lettuce.
A couple blueberries...
as well as one of our tomatoes, are just about ripe enough to pick...
but the rest are, still, working on their juiciness.
Oh!  And aren't these lilies gorgeous?!  I just love their color!
Now that that's out of the way :), on to Dawn's Color Cue {5} Challenge.
I thought that these colors were just perfect for Ezekiel's birthday invitations.  We're doing an ocean theme campout, in our backyard, for just a few of his friends.  We stopped, at a couple of places, after church, today, to pick out his party favors; and now, he's more excited than ever!  So fun!  Anyway, here's what I came up with.
I started these cuties by stamping the waves, in Moonlight White ink, across the bottom of the clear, cardstock, card face.  I, then, stamped the whale image, in Chocolate Chip ink, on white cardstock; hand cut him out; and adhered him, in the waves, with dimensionals.  I was, then, able to stick a glue dot to the backside of the clear cardstock, behind the whale, in order to fasten the front face of the folded, aqua, cardstock insert to it, just long enough to get it machine stitched with white-threaded, straight stitches.  The back flap, which, now, holds all his printed party info, just hangs free.
Finally, I wrapped a green ribbon around the top of the card face; tied it in a knot; and embellished it with an orange button, laced with white string, and the white, cardstock tag, which was stamped, in Pumpkin Pie ink, with the "you're invited" sentiment.

And just one more picture, of our weekend, before I run.  Ezekiel had so much fun making this monster truck, at our local Lowes' Build-and-Grow clinic, yesterday.  Thanks, Lowes!
{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Fox & Friends, All Scallops, & All-Year Cheer II (SU) Paper: clear (PTI); aqua (?); white (Georgia Pacific) Ink: Pumpkin Pie & Chocolate Chip (SU); Moonlight White (Brilliance) Other: white thread & sewing machine; dimensionals; orange button (Paper Studio); white string; green ribbon (Hobby Lobby)

7 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Love these cards!!

Regina (TheStampin'Bean) said...

These are absolutely adorable! I love them. Thanks for dropping by my blog...I'm glad I visited yours!

Emily Leiphart said...

Jinny, your garden goodies are scrumptious and your son's invitations are incredible!! I love the clear cover but really everything about it is genius.

Cindy Lee said...

What a great set of cute cards!!
I love your garden already!

Jenny said...

MMMM I cant wait for our tomatoes to get ripe!! YUM! Great set of invitations, love them!! :) :) :) :) :)

Dawn said...

Completely smitten with these Jinny! I just always love your stuff. So clean and simple with the perfect amount of punch.

Thanks for playing along with us at Wplus9!

Elise said...

Ohhhhhhhhh! These are freakin' darling! What TREASURES! You HAD me with your wonderful garden, but then those invites.....! And your use of Dawn's colors - toooooo much goodness... heart can't take it... JUST KIDDING! I'm delighted that your shared your plentiful talents with W+9! Have a wonderful party and a terrific 4th of July!