EBTKS Challenge 16: Nail Polish

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I just got Adina down for her nap, and Ezekiel and a friend of his are outside catching bugs; so, I think that I, finally, have a minute to deliver my take on Everything But the Kitchen Sink's Challenge 16: Nail Polish to you all.
I have to admit that this one was a little strange for me, but I, really, love the way the nail polish left a fabulous shine on the surface that was painted.  Here's what I came up with.
I started, this card, by painting the chipboard frame with my favorite color of polish and setting it aside to dry.  I, then, trimmed the left side of the floral, patterned paper with a strip of yellow cardstock, which had been punched down its left side.  A white-threaded, straight stitch was, then, sewn around the edges of the floral, patterned paper, before it was adhered to the Cameo Coral, cardstock, card base.  I, then, adhered the polished frame over a piece of white cardstock, which had been stamped, in Cameo Coral ink, with the partial, "cherish" sentiment; distressed; and flanked, across the top and bottom, with distressed portions of a paper doily.  The prepped frame was, then, adhered in the bottom right corner of the card face; embellished with pearls and gemstones; and completed with a distressed, die-cut "u", which was adhered with dimesionals.
Finally, I wrapped a sheer, coral ribbon, vertically, around the card face, just right of the punched cardstock and stitched, left edge; tied it in a bow near the top of the card face; and embellished it with a yellow button, laced with white string.  Oh!  And everything got a healthy dose of distress inks, too.
Have a wonderful Wednesday, and thanks so much for checking in on my little corner of the web!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Warm Words (SU) Paper: Cameo Coral (SU); white (Georgia Pacific); yellow (?); floral patterned (My Mind's Eye) Ink: Cameo Coral (SU); Chamomile & Chai (PTI); Tea Dye (Ranger) Other: Tropical Bloom, nail polish (Mary Kay); chipboard (SU); paper doily; pearls, gemstones, & yellow button (Paper Studio); white string; white thread & sewing machine; sheer, coral ribbon (Hobby Lobby); edger punch (EK Success); Alpha Stax (Colorbok); dimensionals

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Too cute love it!! :) :) :) Did u give up playing my challenges? Hope you get to play again soon!! :) :)

Ann said...

Isn't the shine from the polish fabulous? I love what you did here, and the gems are the perfect touch! Thanks for playing the EBTKS challenge!

Ellen said...

Wow, that is so amazingly creative! And beautiful :)

wintersims said...

So pretty! I love that color on the frame! Thanks so much for playing with us in the EBTKS challenge! :)

Ayana Posadas said...

Pretty card! :)