EBTKS Sketch Challenge 17 & Wee Memories Challenge #11: Let's Get Sticky

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Good morning, everyone!  I'm coming you, today, with my take on Everything But the Kitchen Sink's Sketch Challenge 17.
I've, also, combined it with Wee Memories' Challenge #11: Let's Get Sticky to incorporate stickers, of any kind, into your project.  I, actually, made this card, before I saw Jenny's challenge and was thrilled that it fit perfectly :).  Here's what I came up with.
I started this card by cutting the cloud-like shape in the top center of a square of Basic Gray cardstock.  I, then, clear embossed the "Thinking of You" sentiment, in the center of the shape, on the Taken With Teal, cardstock, card face.  A white-threaded, straight, machine stitch was, then, ran around the outside edges of the Basic Gray cardstock, as well as it being wrapped, below the cut shape, with a sheer, white ribbon, tied in a bow, before it was adhered, with dimensionals, to the card face.  Last, but, certainly, not least, a gorgeous, dimensional, butterfly sticker was added, partially, with dimensionals, to the bottom left of my cut shape.
I know this next angle is much darker, but I love the way it shows off the shine of the embossed sentiment and the layers of the butterfly's clear, glittery wings.
We've got a fun morning, at the library, planned, to beat the heat, today, and my baby girl is beginning to stir from her sleep, so I've got to run.  But, please, come back, later this afternoon, for my take on Embellish Magazine's Babies Color Challenge; and in the meantime, have a spectacular day!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Kind & Caring Thoughts (SU) Paper: Taken With Teal & Basic Gray (SU) Ink: VersaMark Other: clear embossing powder; sheer, white ribbon (Hobby Lobby); white thread & sewing machine; dimensional, butterfly sticker (K&Company); dimensionals; Fiskars Circle Template

5 comments:

Ann said...

Wowza, that butterfly is a sticker?! Gorgeous! Thanks for playing the EBTKS challenge!

Shauna said...

Thanks for your comment, Jinny. Your card's fabulous! Such great rich colours, and that butterfly is beautiful. I love the stitching too. I've really got to get myself a sewing machine!

Courtney Baker said...

Oh so cute girl! Thanks for playing along with EBTKS!

Winter said...

So pretty! I love the colors and that butterfly is Amazing! Thanks for playing with us in the EBTKS challenge! :)

Jenny said...

Wow very pretty card, love it!! Great great card! Thanks for playing!! :) :) :) :) Sorry it took me so long to get around to visit, its been crazy around here. Hope your enjoying your summer!!! And hope you can play again this week!