Embellish Labels Color Challenge

Thursday, June 17, 2010

We're surviving the week, with my hubby being gone, on his mission trip, but I'm really missing him.  It's just not the same without him being around.  His team has finished the house they went to build, and everyone loved the curtains I made.  BJ sent me a couple of pictures, but they're more of him than of the actual curtains.  Hee!  Anyway, now they're helping with a small addition on another home and doing a mini VBS for the kiddos.  I wish I was there, too.  They'll be beginning the long trek home tomorrow.  Please help me pray for their safe travels.

I've got Embellish's Labels Color Challenge, for you all, today.
I just love this color combo!  Several of my faves!  Here's what I came up with.
I started this card by trimming a piece of yellow, polka dot, patterned paper with Cameo Coral cardstock and machine stitching an ivory-threaded, straight stitch down the length of its top and bottom edges, before adhering it to the Chocolate Chip, cardstock, card face.  I, then, stamped the damask images, in Cameo Coral ink, on a strip of ivory cardstock; distressed its edges with Chamomile and Chai inks; and adhered it, horizontally, across the center of the card face, right over the prepped, patterned paper.  The layered and looped, Dark Chocolate, grosgrain ribbon embellishment was, then, formed.  Nichole Heady has a fantastic how-to video, for creating this fabulous look, here.  I, then, stamped the vintage label image, in Barely Banana ink, on an oval of ivory cardstock, that had been cut out with my Cricut; stamped its center, in Chocolate Chip ink, with the "Celebrate" sentiment; distressed its edges with more, Chamomile and Chai inks; adhered it, over the layered and looped ribbon, with dimensionals; and flanked it with two, yellow buttons, laced with hemp twine.
Thanks so much for stopping by!  I cannot tell you all, enough, how much your comments and visits mean to me!  You all are, truly, a blessing!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Vintage Labels (SU); Damask Designs (PTI) Paper: Chocolate Chip, Cameo Coral, & yellow, polka dot patterned (SU); ivory (Best Occasions) Ink: Chocolate Chip, Cameo Coral, & Barely Banana (SU); Chamomile & Chai (PTI) Other: Dark Chocolate, grosgrain ribbon (PTI); yellow buttons (Paper Studio); hemp twine; ivory thread & sewing machine; George & Basic Shapes, Cricut cartridge; dimensionals; Terrifically Tacky Tape (Provo Craft)

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Are you not playing over at my challenges anymore? Hope you play soon! Great prize this week!! Hope all is well! Cute cute card... hugs!

Claire Brennan said...

Beautiful card!!

Maile Belles said...

What a gorgeous card, love the design! So glad you could join us in the Embellish challenge.

Kim Wilson said...

Hey girl! This card is soooo pretty! I had a hard time with these colors but you look pro at them ha ha!

Charlene Austin said...

This is FABULOUS!