Friday Faves

Friday, June 25, 2010

For some reason, it gives me all kinds of satisfaction to go through a catalog and circle, with a Sharpie (Has to be a Sharpie!), all the things that I love.  I, rarely, get to purchase any of those things; but I'm, totally, fine circling my faves and throwing the catalogs into my recycle bin.  There must be something psychological involved here, but I'm no psychologist and don't think that I'm hurting anyone, so I'll just go on being happy, circling great finds.

That being said, last month, in my Fun Stuff post, I listed a bunch of crafty things that I was, completely, in love with at the time.  While most of those things, still, haven't made their way into my craft space, I, still, love them all and got the same satisfaction in posting them, as if I had circled them, in a catalog, with my Sharpie.

So, I've decided to begin posting a list of my "Friday Faves", right here on my blog, on the last Friday of each month.  Today's list is, completely, papercrafty in nature, but it won't always be that way.  Nor will it be an exhaustive list of my faves or a recommendation, simply because, while I've tested many products from the distributors, most of the items, from my list, have never made their way into my home for me to enjoy.  It'll just be a list of the amazing things that have caught my eye each month.  Sound fun?!  Well, let's get started then!

The first fabulous item on my list is, of course, Noel Mignon's newest, Sun-Kissed kit.  Yummy!
I, also, really, love October Afternoon's Fly a Kite...
and The Thrift Shop patterned papers...
and coordinating labels.
Aren't these Little Clothespins...
and this adorable, clear, Kiss From the Sun stamp set, both from Hero Arts, too cute for words?!
These little, crocheted flowers and leaves, from My Little Palette...
and Postcards From Paris journaling cards, from Webster's Pages, are perfect in every way!
I'm, really, loving My Little Yellow Bicycle's Boardwalk...
Stampin' Up's Presto Patterns Specialty...
and Papertrey Ink's Library Ledger patterned papers.
I, also, love Papertrey Ink's coordinating, Mini Scrapbook Series: Library Ledger stamp set.
Finally, and I know that everyone is, still, thoroughly, enjoying the summer months, but I couldn't resist putting these Pumpkin Patch buttons, from Tessa Ann...
and this Oven Fresh Gingerbread Joy stamp set, from Waltzingmouse Stamps, in the line-up.
There you have it... my first "Friday Faves" line-up!  Hope you enjoyed!  Thanks for visiting, and have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

I so can identify with your faves. They are just wonderful. Now, don't laugh: What is a sharpie. I live in Austria and I have no clue what kind of pen that is.....

Jinny Newlin said...

Elisabeth, First of all, thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving me a comment. Secondly, Austria! Wow! I didn't know anyone in Austria was reading. That's amazing! Finally, (and I'm, totally, NOT laughing) a Sharpie (www.sharpie.com) is a nontoxic, permanent, on most surfaces, marker. It is quick drying, fade and water resistant, comes in 39 differnet colors, and lots of different tips. Although, my fave is still the original pen style. Thanks for asking!