Fun With Fabric Challenge

Monday, June 7, 2010

Like I said in my earlier, Tuesday Trigger: Bring on the Brides! post, I've, also, got Moxie Fab World's Fun With Fabric Challenge, to create a project (card, gift bag, tag, layout, home decor item, mini-book cover, etc.) that incorporates fabric in an innovative way, for you all, today.  So, I mixed it up on this one, just a bit, and made a sweet, little barrette, for my niece to wear, for her birthday, and used it as an embellishment on her birthday card.  Here's what I came up with.
Let's start with a closer look at the clip.
The fringed layers, of the clip, are made in the same way as I did in an earlier embellishment, that I posted, here, minus the third layer.  I, then, made a fabric rosette, to embellish its center, in the same way that I did here and stitched it onto the pink, felt base, which enclosed the clip, in the same way that I did here.
I hope all those links help.  Just let me know if you have any questions.
I, then, began the paper portion of the card by layering the blue, stripe die-cut on a 3-3/4" square of Pretty in Pink cardstock and machine stitching a hot-pink-threaded, straight stitch around its edges, before adhering it to the 4-1/4" square, Rose Red, cardstock, card face.  Next, I added a paper doily, in the center of the card face, over all existing layers; dressed up its center with a pink, "tweet heart" die-cut; and framed it with a piece of chipboard, which had been painted with acrylic paint and glittered.  I, then, grounded each corner, of the chipboard frame, with pearls; added a "MAKE A WISH", dimensional, sticker sentiment in its upper left corner; and finished it with a pink, heart button, laced with white string, tied in a bow, and adhered with stacked dimensionals.  Finally, I cut a little slit, in the side of the card face, next to the chipboard frame (It has, already, been cut in the photo above.  So, you can see that the card is, still, super cute even after the clip has been removed.) and fed the clip through it to dress up the lower right corner of the card.
And because it is visible from the inside...
it makes it super easy to see that it's removable and ready to wear.  I'd, really, really love to see your homemade clips!  Just leave me your html in the comments section of this post.  I'm, always, looking for new, simple, and fun styles to make.  Well, dinner is calling me to make it; so, until tomorrow, thanks so much for stopping by!

{Supplies & Tools}
Paper: Rose Red & Pretty in Pink (SU) Other: paper doily; hot pink thread & sewing machine; blue stripe & "tweet heart" die-cuts (SU); chipboard frame (Best Occasions); "MAKE A WISH", dimensional, sentiment sticker & white glitter (K&Company Simply Shabby Chic); pearls (Paper Studio); pink, heart button (Favorite Findings); white & pink string; Ballet Pink, acrylic paint (FolkArt); rose and pink fabrics; pink felt; hair clip; pink, embroidery floss

1 comment:

Cath said...

Hey Jinny! Thanks for entering the Fun with Fabric challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you played along! :)