Happy Birthday, Baby!

Thursday, June 10, 2010

I just wanted to take a minute, today, to wish my handsome hubby a very happy birthday!  I love you, Baby!
I started his card by piecing together torn strips of patterned paper; rounding their corners; and machine stitching a brown-threaded, straight stitch around their edges, before adhering them to a piece of kraft cardstock, which, also, had its corners rounded.  I then, adhered all layers to the Chocolate Chip, cardstock, card face.  The "happy birthday" sentiment was, then, stamped, in Chocolate chip ink, on a coordinating, die-cut label, which had its corners rounded, too; adhered, in the bottom right corner of the card face, just inside the stitching edge, with dimensionals; and embellished with a paper clip, which had a stamped, in Old Olive ink, and hand cut heart attached to its top.
Finally, I wrapped a Dark Chocolate, grosgrain ribbon around the card face, above the stamped label, and tied it in a knot.
As I'm typing this post, the entire house smells like yummy, birthday, carrot cake right out of the oven.  My mouth is watering, and I'm just now realizing that I haven't had any breakfast.  So, I'm off to scrounge up a little snack, just to hold me over until lunch.  Have a great day!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: I {Heart} Hearts (SU); Happy Greetings (Hero Arts) Paper: Chocolate Chip & green, leaf patterned (SU); kraft (Best Occasions); green, floral patterned (My Mind's Eye Leaves of Love); brown, alpha patterned (KI Memories Playful Typing Test); green, polka dot patterned (?) Ink: Chocolate Chip (SU) Other: Dark Chocolate, grosgrain ribbon (PTI); paper clip; die-cut label (Scenic Route); Corner punch (SU); dimensionals

1 comment:

Karen B. said...

Fun card, love the torn paper, seems like an easy solution but I bet it's not, you've done it so beautifully here.