Happy Father's Day!

Sunday, June 20, 2010

My hubby's home!  Yea!  He made it around 7 pm last night.  After he got dinner, we all celebrated with strawberry shortcake.  I'm so glad to have him home, especially, in time to help him celebrate this special day.  I'm, truly, blessed to have, always, had a wonderful, involved, loving Dad and, now, to have a husband who is the very same to my own children.  I don't do this very often, but this morning's The Most Destructive Words a Father Could Mumble sermon (videocast can be found here), at our church, Heartland Community Church, was, really, a powerful one and, completely, worth listening to.  Its focus was fathers, but the points, our pastor emphasized, can be applied to any relationship.  Anyway, if you get a chance, hop on over.  You won't be disappointed.

I've got BJ's Father's Day card, for you all, today.
I started his card by framing a piece of argyle, patterned paper with aqua cardstock; running a navy-threaded, straight, machine stitch around its edges; and adhering the resulting piece to the Not Quite Navy, cardstock, card face.  I, then, layered and looped an Enchanted Evening, saddle stitch ribbon in its center and embellished it with the "HAPPY FATHER'S DAY" sentiment, which was white embossed on avocado green paper, framed with both Not Quite Navy and aqua cardstock, and adhered with dimensionals.  A few blue and white Rain Dots, tucked here and there, under the sentiment frame, complete the look.
I, totally, made his card with nothing in particular in mind except him.  I just sat down and began playing.  Then, as I was perusing a few of my favorite blogs, I came across Betsy Veldman's post Masculine Inspiration Day 2: Color + a Challenge, to create a masculine card based on one of five color palettes, and thought that my creation, nearly, resembled this one.
I'm missing the orange but, really, liked the card just the way it was.  So, I thought that I'd link it up, anyway, if for nothing more than, maybe, possibly, hopefully, it might inspire someone.  Then, when I went back for a second look at Betsy's color palettes, I thought my card was closer to this one.
Well, I know it's a masculine card, anyway :)!  Sometimes colors are tricky.  Have a wonderful Father's Day!

Oh!  And, in all the excitement, yesterday, I, completely, forgot to tell you all that my Father's Day card, from my 2S4Y Sketch 54 post, made Paige's Friday line-up on the CARDS Blog.  Yippeee!  Thanks, Paige!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: All-Year Cheer II (SU) Paper: Not Quite Navy (SU); aqua (?); argyle & avocado green patterned (Best Occasions) Ink: VersaMark Other: white embossing powder; navy thread & sewing machine; Enchanted Evening, saddle stitch ribbon (PTI); Rain Dots (Cloud 9)

2 comments:

Betsy V said...

What a great card, Jinny! The blues and greens are always one of my favorites for guy cards! Hope you enjoyed the day with your hubby! Thanks for playing along with my challenge!

Paper Crafts Go-to Gal
Betsy Veldman

Jameela said...

love how your card turned out to be!