Memorial Day Weekend

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I've got so many papercrafty things to show you all, but they're going to have to wait a post, while I show you (Well... those of you that care :).  Feel free to move on to your next favorite blogger at this point.  You won't hurt my feelings one bit.  Well... maybe a little bit.  I'll get over it :).  But come back, tomorrow, for my take on this week's Sketchy Thursdays sketch.) fun pics from our Memorial Day weekend.

We headed out to the lake, after lunch, on Friday.  So, by the time we got there, Adina had had all the nap she was going to muster up for the day.  We set up camp, scoped out our surroundings, ate dinner, and went for a swim.  The water was perfect!  I do mean it, too.  I, absolutely, hate cold water.  I'd just rather be hot, but I was up to my neck and going under, and it didn't even phase me.  That's so strange for Memorial Day weekend, but we, definitely, weren't complaining.  It provided welcome relief from the heat.  Anyway, I cannot believe it, but I didn't take a single picture of our first day there.  Not to worry, though, and please, take this as your warning :), because I got plenty of pictures of our last two days.

After a yummy, Saturday morning, pancake breakfast, we took the kiddos fishing, went for a hike...
played hillbilly horseshoes, hung out around camp...
 and took a picnic lunch...
back to the swimming beach...

before retiring, in the heat of the afternoon, for a little snooze in the shade of our tent.  After our nap, we headed in, to my parents' place, for a BBQ, to help my sister celebrate her birthday.
We played, biked, paddle boated...
and rescued my brother's new puppy, from the depths of the pond, together.
You've got to get a closer look at that adorable face.  I mean the puppy's :).

Then, we headed in for HOT showers, before returning to camp. 

Sunday brought our last day at the lake.  After another, energizing breakfast and while it was still cool(er), we packed up camp.  Then, we took the kiddos, down to the marina, to look at the boats and little fish and treat ourselves to ice-cream sandwiches.
The cool of the marina revitalized us for another hike near our usual, camping post.
Then, after another picnic lunch...
and time to play...
we napped...

while BJ got us, safely, home, just in time to miss out on the storm that moved in on the lake.  Yippeee!

Hope yours was as memorable as ours, and thank you so very much to all those who serve and have served to bestow up us the freedom just to be.  You are never forgotten.

No comments: