Off the Wall Craftiness Challenge #9 & CARDS Blog Windows Challenge

Thursday, June 3, 2010

I've got Off the Wall Craftiness' Challenge #9, to create a project using the colors Raspberry Fizz, Orange Zest, and Hawaiian Shores or Spring Rain and this photograph as inspiration, for you all, today.

Well, I don't have those particular colors just lying around, so I went with Stampin' Up's Pixie Pink, Pumpkin Pie, and Tempting Turquoise and combined it with CARDS Blog's Windows challenge to come up with this.

I started this card by rubbing Moonlight White ink onto the Pixie Pink, cardstock, card face, which had its upper corners rounded, in the same way that I did here.  A turquoise ribbon was, then, wrapped around the card face, just below center, three times and tied in a vertical, fancy bow, just right of center.  I, then, stamped the window image, in Jet Black ink, on white cardstock; water colored it in shades of Pixie Pink and Pumpkin Pie; hand cut out the large, square windows and smaller, arched panes, as well as the window itself; backed it with orange and bright pink, polka dot, patterned paper; and adhered it to the card face with dimensionals.  I, then, stamped the "you make me smile!" sentiment, in Pixie Pink ink, above the arch of the window and over the clouds.  The little girl image was stamped, in Jet Black ink, on white cardstock; water colored in shades of Tempting Turquoise, Pixie Pink, Blush Blossom, Pretty in Pink, and So Saffron inks; hand cut out; and adhered, with dimensionals, in the bottom window pane.  Finally, I adhered a bright pink button, laced with white string, in the arch of the window, above, and a few turquoise, paper flowers, some flat to the card face, others with dimensionals, and still more with stacked dimensionals, and embellished their centers with gemstones, below
Well, I'm off to change a diaper, clean the dishes, make the beds, dust the living room, sweep the floors, make a grocery list, clean the bathrooms, etc. and entertain a 19-month-old in the process.  Wish me luck!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Window Dressing (SU) Paper: Pixie Pink (SU); white (Georgia Pacific); orange & bright pink, polka dot patterned (?) Ink: Pixie Pink, Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquoise, Blush Blossom, Pretty in Pink, & So Saffron (SU); Jet Black (StazOn); Moonlight White (Brilliance) Other: turquoise, paper blossoms (K&Company); gemstones & bright pink button (Paper Studio); white string; dimensionals; ribbon (Hobby Lobby); Corner punch (SU)

4 comments:

Kim Ryden said...

Yeah...I don't even try to do all that while entertaining a 15 month old! You are super mom! I just chill and play and then during nap I might get a few things done. Or I might be reading and commenting on your blog instead! hmmm....

Kim Wilson said...

So fun :) I love the bg! Thanks for playing Jinny! Good luck!

Deirdre said...

Great card - love it. Congrats on your feature on CARDS blog yesterday.

Jenny said...

This cutie was on there too... love it!!! :) :) :) :) congrats!!!! hope your having a great weekend.