Pencil Lines Sketch 190 & Color Combos Galore #145

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

We just dropped Ezekiel off, at the church, for Vacation Bible School and don't have the errands to run that we did yesterday.  So, I'm getting my take on Pencil Lines' Sketch 190, provided by Anna Bowkis...
and combined with Color Combos Galore #145, posted a little earlier than yesterday's for you all.
 Here's what I came up with.
I started this layout by cutting the blue, floral, patterned paper by hand and adhering it to the green, stripe, patterned paper.  I, then, tore a strip of yellow, floral, patterned paper and layered it across the bottom of the layout.  A little trio of die-cut strips and ivory lace were centered, horizontally, over the torn paper, before the photos were added.  I, then, machine stitched an ivory-threaded, straight stitch through the center of the blue, die-cut strip and an ivory-threaded, zig-zag stitch through the center of the green, die-cut strip.  A transparency, printed with "F-FAMILY" and layered over a scrap of Bashful Blue cardstock, was, then, tucked under the right edge of the journal box, which reads, I cannot tell you how much I love to watch you two play together.  It brings me so much joy and happiness to be your mommy.  9.09.09
The heart and "u tw{o}" title die-cuts were added next.  I, then, used a yellow button, laced with white string, tied in a bow, and a big, blue, flower die-cut to form the "o" in the partial, "tw{o}" title.  A few more flower die-cuts, embellished with buttons, laced with white string, helped bring home the flower theme even more.  Finally, I stamped "a perfect {pear}", in Certainly Celery ink, on the die-cut tab and tucked it under the bottom edge of the far right photograph.
Oh!  And eeek!  I'm so excited to tell you all that my card made Kristina's RC Color Inspiration No. 2 Round-Up!  Yippeee!  Thanks so much, Kristina!  And have a wonderful day, everyone!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Picture This (SU) Ink: Certainly Celery & Basic Black (SU) Paper: Bashful Blue & green, stripe & yellow, floral patterned (SU); blue, floral patterned (DCWV Nana's Kitchen Stack) Other: "F-FAMILY" transparency (?); letter die-cuts (Basic Grey); buttons & lace (Paper Studio); white string; ivory thread & sewing machine; floral, heart, tab, journal box, & patterned strip die-cuts (SU)

No comments: