Reader's Choice Color Inspiration No. 3

Friday, June 11, 2010

So, it's late afternoon, and I'm exhausted, but it's Friday!  Yippeee!  And, tomorrow, the kiddos and I are heading to my Mom and Dad's.  My hubby will be off, early tomorrow morning, on his mission trip; so, since I won't have him to look after, we thought that it was the perfect timing for a little visit.  Anyway, to make today even better, I've got Kristina's Reader's Choice Color Inspiration No. 3 for you all.
Oooo!  So yummy!  Here's what I came up with.
I started this card by acordian folding the floral, patterned paper; distressing the edges of the folds with Chamomile & Chai, distress inks; opening it up flat again; trimming it, across the bottom, with a strip of Pale Plum cardstock, which had been punched along its bottom edge; and adhering it to the bottom portion of the Elegant Eggplant, cardstock, card face.  I, then, dressed up its top edge with a length of ivory lace and wrapped a Dark Chocolate, grosgrain ribbon around the card face, just above the lace, and tied it in a bow, just right of center.  The flourishes were stamped, in Elegant Eggplant ink, above the ribbon; paper pierced; and dressed up with a few gemstones and pearls.  I, then, stamped the label, in Old Olive ink, on ivory cardstock; stamped the "Just Because" sentiment, in Chocolate Chip ink, in its center; punched it out; distressed its edges; and hand cut two more frames for it, each, successively, larger than the next, in Certainly Celery and Old Olive cardstocks, before adhering it, with dimensionals, between the flourishes, in the upper center of the card face.  Oh!  And I almost forgot!  The edges of the card face and punched edge, also, got a healthy dose of distress inks.
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!  Oh!  But before I go, I want to leave you with a series of pictures of my kiddos enjoying one of their favorite, summertime activities.  Enjoy!
{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Mini Mates (SU); Vintage Labels (PTI); Flourishes v2 (Autumn Leaves) Paper: Elegant Eggplant, Pale Plum, Certainly Celery, & Old Olive (SU); ivory (Best Occasions); floral patterned (My Mind's Eye Leaves of Love) Ink: Chocolate Chip & Old Olive (SU); Chamomile & Chai (PTI) Other: edger punch (EK Success); Corner & Curly Label punches & paper piercer (SU); dimensionals; pearls, gemstones, & lace (Paper Studio); Dark Chocolate, grosgrain ribbon (PTI)

3 comments:

Karen B. said...

The pictures of your little girl in the rockstar pose is absolutely too cute!

Jenny said...

Soooo cute... love these pictures!! Adorable!! Love the pose!! :) :) :)

Diane said...

Gorgeous card, but the kiddos are adorable....reminds me of good memories of when mine were that age...gee they grow up so fast!!