Sketchy Thursdays

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

So, as promised, today, I've got this week's Sketchy Thursdays sketch for you all.

I had so much fun with this sketch!  Here's what I came up with.

I started this layout by piecing together torn strips, of patterned papers, into a 9-1/2" square; rounding the finished, four corners; and machine stitching a navy-threaded, straight stitched around its edges.  Before adhering it to the Not Quite Navy, cardstock page, I painted a frame for it with acrylic paint.  The paint, also, served as a background to help my text really stand out.  It reads, You kept busy, for days, with your birthday loot.  It was so quiet, around our place, other than the casual crinkle of the leftover, party balloons, that you just had to hang on to everywhere you went.  Just look at that sweet face!  I, then, added an "FYI" die-cut to help make it easier, for viewers, to know where to begin reading.  A couple, die-cut strips, as well as a July 7, 2008, date die-cut, complete the design.

Well, Adina should be up soon; so, I'm off to get breakfast for my kiddos and do some housecleaning.  I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!

{Supplies & Tools}
Paper: Not Quite Navy & all patterned (SU) Ink: Basic Black (SU) Other: all die-cuts & Corner punch (SU); navy thread & sewing machine; Winter White, acrylic paint (FolkArt)

2 comments:

lisa said...

Great LO.
Love the colours you've chosen.
Thanks for playing x

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwww!! this is AWESOME!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEE the layers and the paint!! Thanks soooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)