Sketchy Thursdays

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

This Wednesday post is, quickly, but not purposefully, becoming my Sketchy Thursdays day :).  I hope you all don't mind.  I've got my take on this week's sketch, for you all, today.
Oh, so fun!  I've been dying to give this coffee cup ring technique a try, and this sketch gave me the perfect opportunity to do so.  Here's what I came up with.
I started this layout by mixing yellow, acrylic paint with water and yellow glitter.  I wish you all could see the bright yellow glitter better in these pictures.  It really makes a statement.  I, then, stamped the bottom of my favorite coffee cup into the runny mess I had created and off onto my Taken With Teal, cardstock page.  I repeated this several times, before flicking and throwing my leftover paint all over the layout.  Love it!  I'm, truly, going to do this again!  It, totally, made me feel like a kid again :)!  I, then, adhered my pictures all stacked and cadywompus, before sticking down the cork, "CREATE" title.
You might recognize those fun, felt, star buttons from my JoAnn's purchase on Monday.  I, already, broke into the package; paired them with a few, kraft, cardstock, Cricut-cut stars and a yellow spiral clip; tied a couple together with yellow, embroidery floss; and embellished one with a glitter, star button.  Finally, I journaled, You were so thrilled to turn this boring, white, turtle bank into a fabulous, multi-colored, treasure trove.  12.31.07, on strips of Yoyo Yellow cardstock and adhered them to the right of the top photograph.
I'm beginning to hear my baby girl waking up, so I'd better run; but I'll be back, later, this afternoon, with my take on the latest challenge from  Everything But the Kitchen Sink.

{Supplies & Tools}
Paper: Taken With Teal & Yoyo Yellow (SU); kraft (Best Occasions)  Ink: Basic Black (SU) Other: Lemonade, acrylic paint (FolkArt); yellow, Sugar Coating glitter (Doodlebug Design); felt, star buttons (Favorite Findings); yellow, embroidery floss; yellow, spiral clip (Creative Impressions); cork letters (JoAnn Craft Essentials); glitter, star button (Jesse James & Co. Grandma's Grab Bag); George & Basic Shapes, Cricut cartridge

1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee the photos and the colors!! Thanks soooooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)