Sketchy Thursdays

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I hope that you're all having a fantastic day.  I'm exhausted, so, I'm going to get right to this post.  I've got my take on Sketchy Thursdays latest sketch for you all.
Love this!  So fun, and very different from my usual, picture layout.  Here's what I came up with.
I started this page by layering a square of Brocade Blue cardstock in the center of the 12" x 12", Yoyo Yellow, cardstock page.  I, then, added strips of patterned paper, torn down their right side, even with the left side of the Brocade Blue cardstock.  The bottom, patterned, paper strip was, also, trimmed, along its top and bottom edges, with punched, Ruby Red, cardstock strips.  I, then, machine stitched yellow-threaded, zig-zag stitches between the connections of the top, three, patterned, paper strips, before adhering my photos.  The "FOR BREAKFAST?!" portion of my title is made from alpha stickers adhered to a torn, along its right side, strip of Ruby Red cardstock.  A yellow-threaded, straight, machine stitch was, then, sewn, down the length of the far left edge, through all layers.  For the "LEGOS" portion of my title, I used the same, alpha stickers, as above, only larger, and adhered them to Cricut-cut, Brocade Blue, cardstock, triangles.
I, then, machine stitched them together, across the top, with yellow-threaded, straight stitches; adhered them to the layout with dimensionals; and anchored them with star brads, wrapped in yellow, embroidery floss.  A color-coordinating, die-cut, journal tag, which reads, You wouldn't even let me fix you breakfast this morning.  All you wanted to do was play Legos. and a July 7, 2008 date, written in the bottom, right corner, complete the look.

And before I run, I'm sooo excited to tell you all that I was named a Top 5 Winner, on the CAS-tastic Wednesday Challenge blog, for my take, which can be found in my Swimming Lessons post, on their Blue, Yellow, and a Neutral Challenge.  Thanks, ladies!  I'm, truly, honored!
I, also, don't think that I ever told you all that my sweet, little, baby card, from my Embellish Babies Color Challenge and Sketchy Thursdays post, was up on the CARDS Blog, for Paige's Stickpins Challenge, last Friday.  Yea!  Thanks, again, Paige!  My cup overflows!

{Supplies & Tools}
Paper: Yoyo Yellow & Brocade Blue & apple patterned (SU); block patterned (Paper Studio); alpha-picture patterned (daisyd's); blue, polka dot patterned (Basic Grey) Ink: Basic Black (SU) Other: alpha letters (Basic Grey); star brads & 2010 Sale-A-Bration punch (SU); yellow, embroidery floss; yellow thread & sewing machine; George & Basic Shapes, Cricut cartridge; dimensionals; die-cut tag (Cosmo Cricket Dutch Girl)

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Toooooooooooooooooooo CUTE CUTE CUTE!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee the photos, the title...and loving the banner!! Thanks sooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jenny said...

Aww such a cute LO!! Love it!! Get some rest!! :) :) :) :)