Tuesday Trigger: Bring on the Brides!

Monday, June 7, 2010

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  Ours was packed with another parade, gardening, weeding, more time to play in the sprinkler, dinner and dessert with my in-laws, church, a quick little nap, and a trip to the park.  It went by way too fast!  Then, this morning, Ezekiel started Vacation Bible School.  So, after we dropped him off, Adina and I went to JoAnn's to pick out some, yummy, bright and cheerful fabric...
for curtains that I'm making for BJ to take, on his mission trip, to the family he's helping build a house for.  A few, new, papercrafting goodies just happened to jump into my basket, too :)!
Then, we ran, to the mall, to pick up Adina's 18-month-pictures from the photo studio, before heading home to, relentlessly, attempt to figure out the photo editing program on our new laptop and make lunch.  That all translates to busy, busy, BUSY!  But, now, things have slowed down a bit, and I've got Moxie Fab World's Tuesday Trigger: Bring on the Brides! for you all.
Isn't that color combination just scrumptious?!  Here's what I came up with.
I started this card by watercoloring the blossoms of the hydrangeas in Pixie Pink ink, the daisies in Real Red ink with Pumpkin Pie ink centers, and the roses in Cameo Coral ink, all on a piece of white cardstock.  All the stems were watercolored in Old Olive ink.  I, then, splatter painted all five watercolors, listed above, right over the top, and stamped both the partial, "mr." and "mrs." sentiment in Basic Black ink and the completed "&" sentiment, between the two, in Real Red ink...
before using my Gelly Roll pen to add a little shine to all the blossoms.
A red-threaded, straight, machine stitch was, then, sewn around its edges; before it was adhered to the Old Olive, cardstock, card base.  Finally, I layered a sheer, red, polka dot ribbon over the top of a wider, fringed, hot pink ribbon; wrapped them around the top of the card face; and tied them in a knot, just right of center.

Well, I've got a load of laundry to fold; a certain young man to check in on; and a sweet, little lady to get out of her crib.  Naptime's over!  But please, check back, in a little while, for my take on Moxie Fab World's Fun With Fabric Challenge; and have a super, amazing rest of your Monday!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Contempo Alphabet & Both Way Blossoms (SU); "&" stamp (K&Company) Paper: Old Olive (SU); white (Georgia Pacific) Ink: Pixie Pink, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Cameo Coral, Old Olive, & Basic Black (SU) Other: sheer, red, polka dot & fringed, hot pink ribbons (Hobby Lobby); Gelly Roll pen; red thread & sewing machine

2 comments:

Karen B. said...

Fantastic take on the trigger, I have this set and hardly use it, thanks for the reminder and the inspiration!

The Scrappy Bug said...

Great Job. I love this card.