Tuesday Trigger: Mapping Color

Friday, June 18, 2010

Thanks so much for coming back, today!  I've, also, got my take on Moxie Fab World's Tuesday Trigger: Mapping Color for you all.
I was, completely, drawn to all the horizontal lines, not to mention the earth tone colors, of this photograph.  Gorgeous!  Here's what I came up with.
I started this card by piecing all those different, distressed, striped, patterned papers from, if you'll believe it, my scrap drawer!  Every last one of them was leftover from another project!  I, then, machine stitched ivory-threaded, zig-zag stitches between each connection; adhered the resulting piece to the kraft, cardstock, card face; and distressed its edges with Tea Dye ink.  The "JUST because" sentiment was stamped, in Close to Cocoa ink, on ivory cardstock; framed with Brocade Blue cardstock; distressed with more Tea Dye ink; embellished with two, Jumbo eyelets; and adhered, with dimensionals, to the bottom center of the card face.  Finally, I laced a length of hemp twine through one eyelet; wrapped it around the back side of the card face, twice, to the other eyelet; and tied it in a knot.
This card is, also, for Wee Memories' In Stitches! Challenge to incorporate any kind of stitching into your project; and Jenny, I'm going to do even better than that.  It'll be on its way to your house, for your father-in-law, just as soon as I pick up some more stamps.  He's in my thoughts and prayers.  You all are!  Much love!

Well, I'm off to get lunch ready for my kiddos, now that I've, finally, got last night's dinner dishes washed.  Ha!  Oh, well!  Have a great weekend!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Giga Guidelines (PTI) Paper: Brocade Blue (SU); ivory & kraft (Best Occasions); striped patterned behind the word "JUST" (DaisyD's); striped patterned just above the DaisyD's patterned (Basic Grey Oh Baby! Boy); all other striped patterned (?) Ink: Close to Cocoa (SU); Tea Dye (Ranger) Other: Antique Brass Jumbo eyelets (SU); hemp twine; ivory thread & sewing machine; dimensionals

11 comments:

Karen B. said...

I think you nailed the TT with this CAS design, fabulous!

Brandi said...

So cute girl! The tuesday triggers are so fun to play along with!

Laurel said...

Oh this is perfect!

Lynne said...

Great card. You have got the trigger spot on.
Lynne xxx

Regina (TheStampin'Bean) said...

Oh wow, this is gorgeous! I'm glad you left me your sweet comment because I found my way here. You are so talented! Hope you have a terrific weekend.

Jill Grace said...

LOVE this! Great paper and a perfect layout and the stitching is very cool!

Nan said...

What a gorgeous card. This is such remarkable response to the trigger.

Lisa Petrella said...

Great take on the most recent Tuesday Trigger! Love the stitching and the way you attached the sentiment!

Sylvia said...

Really wonderful take on the trigger!

Cath said...

Hey Jinny! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

catdidit said...

Oh love this! Love that stitching on this too!