Webster's Pages Layout Contest

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Oh!  It is such an exciting day!  My hubby is going to be home!  I can hardly contain myself :)!  We're soooo ready!

So, recently, I ran into this amazingly talented woman's blog and am soooo in love with her sketches.  Her name is Becky Fleck.  I know!  Where have I been?!  Isn't she the greatest?!  Anyway, she's having a contest, based on this sketch...
over at PageMaps, for a fabulous Webster's Pages prize package; and today, I'm joining in on the fun.  Here's what I came up with.
I started this layout by framing the photos with a piece of Rose Red cardstock; adhering it to the bottom right of my textured, Certainly Celery, cardstock page; and tucking a couple, paper doilies, which had been given some gorgeous color with Tattered Rose, distress ink, under its bottom right edge and top left corner.  I, then, added a strip of pink, floral patterned paper, horizontally, across the top of the layout; a strip of multi-colored, butterfly, patterned paper, vertically, down the left side of my picture mat; and a strip of punched, aqua cardstock right alongside the butterfly paper.  The punched strip, as well as the pink, floral, patterned, paper strip, was anchored with staples.  A length of pink, lacy, sticker trim was adhered down the right side of the photographs, as well as, over the paper doily, under the bottom left edge of the pink, floral patterned, paper strip.  I, then, took the resulting page to my machine for a few aqua-threaded, zig-zag and straight stitches, here and there, and added lots of embellishments, including a length of blue lace down the right side of the photographs; a gorgeous, layered flower, which I salvaged off an old birthday card; a die-cut, photo corner in the perfect shade of green; and a few gemstones for good measure.  The "just us GIRLS" title was created, with my Cricut, from Rose Red and Pretty in Pink cardstocks and adhered over all layers of the paper doily.  The "GIRLS" portion, of the title, was given a little lift with dimensionals.
Finally, I added the 04.12.09 date to the center of the lower paper doily...
and a few, white, cardstock, journaling strips, which read, A little post Easter celebrations clean-up, to get you ready for bed, is so much more FUN with your cousin Deidra.
I used Basic Black ink for most of the lettering, but Rose Red ink was used to pen the word FUN.  It was, also, framed with silver, Hodgepodge hardware.

Well, I've got a floor to vacuum and a few errands to run.  I'm, also, thinking we need a celebratory dessert for this special day.  Hope you're all having a fabulous start to your weekend!

{Supplies & Tools}
Paper: Certainly Celery textured, Rose Red, & Pretty in Pink & pink, floral patterned (SU); aqua (?); white (Georgia Pacific); multi-colored, butterfly patterned (Paper Studio) Ink: Basic Black & Rose Red (SU); Tattered Rose (Ranger) Other: staples; aqua thread & sewing machine; gemstones (K&Company); silver, Hodgepodge hardware & green, die-cut, photo corner (SU); pink, lacy, sticker trim (me & my BIG ideas); paper doilies; blue lace (JoAnn Fabrics); edger punch (EK Success); Cursive 101 & Mickey Font, Cricut cartridges; dimensionals

1 comment:

Brandi said...

What a cuuuute layout!