2S4Y Sketch 57

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Good morning!  Well, today is the big day!  We're off on vacation!  Yippeee!  Now, don't you worry; because, while I won't be able to get you all of my usual posts, I do have plenty of papercrafty creations scheduled, to be coming your way, over the next week.  Plus, I'll, also, have my next list of Friday Faves, for you, to finish out our vacation week.  Now, on with today's goodness.

I needed a stack of thank yous, to send out to all the family and friends who gifted Ezekiel with such fun treasures, for his birthday this year, and I wanted them to stick with his ocean-theme and be easy to duplicate.  This is what I came up with.
I started this card by white embossing the "THX" sentiment in the top center of the Only Orange, cardstock, card face.  I, then, paper pierced a row of three dots near the bottom left side of the "T" and a row of three dots near the top right side of the "X", both rows running right alongside the letters.  The fun, fish, patterned paper was trimmed with a strip of punched, Tempting Turquoise cardstock; machine stitched, around its edges, with white-threaded, straight stitches; and adhered to the bottom of the card face, below the sentiment.  A length of white string, wrapped around the card face, three times, just below the punched border, and tied, in a bow, to the right side of the card face, over the patterned paper, finish the look. 
Super clean and simple! Just what I was looking for :)!  Plus, the recipients, also, received one of Ezekiel's new, seven-year-old pictures, and the friends that attended his party got a picture of themselves with the birthday boy holding the gift they gave him.  So fun!

Upon completion of these cards, I realized that they fit 2 Sketches 4 You's Sketch 57 perfectly!
It must've been in the back of my mind the whole time :)!  Thanks for stopping by, have a super weekend, and I'll see you all back here in a week!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Headline Alphabet (SU) Paper: Only Orange & Tempting Turquoise (SU); fish patterned (Flair Designs) Ink: VersaMark Other: white thread & sewing machine; white string; paper piercer & Scallop punch (SU); white embossing powder

5 comments:

Karen B. said...

These are great! Have a fun vacation.

Elisabeth said...

Love the cards! Just perfect!!!
http://myschnipselblog.blogspot.com/

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome cards!!!

Kazan Clark said...

oh wow! What a wonderful set this makes. You have inspired me to get all my Thank You's done!
Thanks for joining us at 2S4Y this week
:) Kazan

Jenny said...

Great set of cards! Love them! Have a great vacation!! *Ü* *Ü* *Ü* *Ü* *Ü*