CAS-tastic Wednesday It's SIMPLE Challenge & PDCC38

Monday, July 19, 2010

What a lazy morning it has been!  Sooo not my usual, Monday morning, and yet, such a nice change!  So, I wanted to show, you all, a couple, more pictures of goodies from our vegetable garden.
We sure are enjoying the spoils!  BJ even used our home-grown, jalapeno peppers to make a batch of salsa.  Mmmmm!
So, I've, also, got my take on CAS-tastic Wednesdays It's SIMPLE Challenge, to create a card using, at least, three of the following: S = Stamped Image, I = Inked Edges, M = Masking, P = Paper Piercing, L = Lace, and E = Embossing.  I got in my three, combined it with The Playdate Cafe's Color Challenge 38...
and came up with this.
I started this card by stamping the flower image, in shades of Lovely Lilac, Lavender Lace, and Green Galore, on a piece of white cardstock; distressing its edges with Chamomile and Chai inks; framing it with Green Galore cardstock; and machine stitching its edges with purple-threaded, straight stitches, before adhering it to the Lavender Lace, cardstock, card face.  I, then, wrapped a sheer, white ribbon around the top half of the card face; tied it in a bow to the left side of the card face; and embellished it with a purple button, laced with white string and studded with a gemstone.  The "THANKS so much" sentiment was stamped, in Lovely Lilac ink, in a stamped, in Lavender Lace ink, frame; hand cut out; paper pierced at each of its scallops; distressed with Chamomile and Chai inks; and adhered, with dimensionals, in the top center of the card face, over the ribbon and to the right of the bow.
Finally, I added a couple, more, paper-pierced rows in the bottom left and top right corners of the card face.
Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you all have a fantastic Monday!

Oh!  And sooo excited to tell you all that my Three in One card made 2 Sketches 4 You's Sketch 56 Top 10!  Yea!  Thanks, Laura and Kazan!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Kind & Caring Thoughts, Framed With Love, & Sincere Salutations (SU) Paper: Lavender Lace & Green Galore (SU); white (Georgia Pacific) Ink: Lovely Lilac, Lavender Lace, & Green Galore (SU); Chamomile & Chai (PTI) Other: sheer, white ribbon (Hobby Lobby); purple button & gemstone (Paper Studio); white string; purple thread & sewing machine; paper piercer (SU)

12 comments:

Elisabeth said...

The purple card is fabulous. Great work!
Elisabeth
http://www.myschnipselblog.blogspot.com/

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a beautiful card! Love the softness of it--and that ribbon/button! GORGEOUS!! Also--that salsa looks super good:) MMMM! Makes my mouth water:) Thanks for playing along and joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

Deb Neerman said...

Just gorgeous! You made that color combination sing!! Just fabulous, Jinny!

Stephanie Kraft said...

Just lovely, Jinny! Thanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe!!

Karen B. said...

Your veggies look so delish, I'm jealous! And what a beauty of a card, the purple and green is such a good combo.

Tania M. Gould said...

Very beautiful card! Love it! I'm excited to have my own produce from my new vegie garden soon!

Sarah Anderson said...

Beautiful flower image, and I love all the stitching. So glad you played along with us at the playdate cafe :)

Lisa Somerville said...

Lovely TU card, wonderful use of the flowers to create your BG. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous! Love how you used the colors on the flowers. Beautiful background. Thanks for playing along with the PDCC this week!

Ruby said...

This is lovely! I love the background you've created. I always mean to create my own but I'm not that clever! Must try harder! Love your use of stitching too, it's so pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC this week!

Julie Ranae said...

Wonderful entry for this week's Play Date Cafe Gallery...thanks ever so much for playing with us!

Trinh said...

Beautiful card, jinny! Congrats on the pdcc challenge!