CCG150 & Sketchy Thursdays

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Guess what came in the mail earlier this week?!  Okay... I'll tell you!  I got my first membership, papercrafting kit from JBS Mercantile.  Eeek!  Check out all these yummy pics!
You can check out the entire list for this month's kit contents here.  I, absolutely, love that Jenni's kits coordinate but aren't matchy-matchy, that they have a vintage feel, and that they'll give me a taste of all the new goodies out in the papercrafting world each month.  Soooo my style!  I, also, couldn't help adding a few chipboard and vintage style, sew-on buttons to my order.
So, my take on Color Combos Galore's Inspiration Board 150...
as well as several, other projects I've been working on, was, naturally, inspired by my new, JBS, papercrafting kit. Yippeee!  I was sooo in love with the colors in this week's inspiration board, that I wanted to make pages and pages filled with Fourth of July pictures; which I, totally, could do, because I have them running out my ears.  I, however, also, have a husband, two children, two dogs, a house to clean, laundry to do, errands to run, a patio to sweep, dishes to wash, dinner to cook, bread to bake... Need I go on?  There's just not enough time in a day!  I did find the time to complete a simple, little layout based upon this week's Sketchy Thursdays sketch, though.
Here's what I came up with.
I started this page by cutting the textured and embossed, cream cardstock in half; hand cutting out around the embossed edges; sanding for added dimension and texture; using it to trace the same shape onto the red, polka dot, patterned paper, which was, then, cut out; and adhering both, in a complete, connected fashion, to the turquoise, patterned paper.  I, then, added a strip of picture, alphabet, patterned paper, to the center of the layout, between the connection of the hand cut papers; dressed up its top edge with a red, polka dot die-cut; trimmed its bottom edge with a strip of punched and distressed, with Chamomile and Chai inks, Tempting Turquoise cardstock; and machine stitched it, the length of its lower edge, with red-threaded, straight stitches.  Finally, I was ready for pictures.  I, then, added the "Baby's 1st FOURTH" title with red, glitter, alpha stickers...
and journaled, So sweet!  July 4, 2009, on the picture, alphabet, die-cut tab.  I, also, journaled, We spent the day at Antioch Park and BBQed and played with sparklers and poppers in our backyard.  Perfect!, on the circle, journal die-cut.  It was framed with a white, paper doily; raised off the layout surface with dimensionals; and embellished with a Pure Poppy button, laced with a cream and red, gingham ribbon, tied in a bow.
Thank you so much for stopping by!  Your visits and comments mean so much to me!  And, please, be sure to check out my Three in One post from this morning.  Thanks, and have a super day!

{Supplies & Tools}
Paper: Tempting Turquoise (SU); textured & embossed cream (Core'dinations); turquoise patterned (Studio Calico); red, polka dot patterned (The Girls' Paperie); picture, alphabet patterned (daisyd's) Ink: Basic Black (SU); Chamomile & Chai (PTI) Other: red, polka dot die-cut (Basic Grey); red thread & sewing machine; circle, journal die-cut (Scenic Route); paper doily; Pure Poppy button (PTI); cream & red, gingham ribbon (Hobby Lobby); red, glitter, alpha stickers (KI Memories); picture, alpha, die-cut tab (daisyd's)

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Awww what a cute cute cute LO!! Adina is soooo cute!! Love the PP on this!! :) :) :) :) :) Thanks so much for all the prayers your a great friend!! xoxo

lisa said...

Lovely kit : )
Really like your LO. Great use of the sketch x

vir"ginie" said...

beautiful page !!