June Project 12 Sketch

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

OMGracious!  I cannot believe how hot it is outside!  I was out there for less than 20 minutes, working in the garden, and was dripping so much sweat, I could hardly get anything done.  Plus, Adina's face was beat red.  Poor thing!  We're just not made for this kind of weather.  It's crazy hot!  We're cooling down, fast, now, while resting inside and sipping tall glasses of water.  Aaaah!  Thank you Jesus for the technological wonders of air conditioning and ice makers!

I've got the June Project 12 sketch, for you all, today.
Here's what I came up with.
I started this layout by adhering the green, polka dot, glitter papers to both sides of the layout and the graphic, A to Z, patterned paper to the right side page and machine stitching white-threaded, straight stitches around their bottom, outside, and top edges.  I, then, adhered strips of black and white, checkered, patterned paper down the centers of each page and machine stitched blue-threaded, zig-zag stitches across their tops and bottoms.
After adhering pictures, I added a white, cardstock, journal box, which had been trimmed, across its top and bottom edges, with pinking shears, in order to mimic the "Sparks-a-Rama" 3rd Place ribbon title.  It reads, You just loved playing in the Awana Games with your friends, Miles, Scott Michael, Ethan, and Ryan (from left to right in far right photo), from First Baptist.  You were all smiles all afternoon and didn't care where your team placed.  Daddy and I could've watched you forever.
I, then, machine stitched another, blue-threaded, zig-zag stitch down its left side and running over onto the green, polka dot, glitter paper, before adhering the die-cut, "UNIQUE" subtitle; green, die-cut, "#1 FAVORITE" arrow, pointing to Ezekiel; and orange, die-cut, number strips and photo corners to both sides of the layout.
Each number strip was, then, anchored, on its outside end, with a couple of staples.  A few, color-coordinating buttons, laced together on a length of white string...
a stamped, in Brilliant Blue ink, on white cardstock, punched and paper-pierced, 03.07.09, date tab...
and paper-pierced corners complete the look.
Here's hoping for rain to help cool things off!  I'm, truly, looking forward to the cool, fall air; but I'm, still, trying to hang onto those schedule-free, lazy days of summer, too.  Can't I have it both ways?!

Have a great day, everyone!  Oh!  And I'd love for you all to run check out a cute, little number I have hanging out, on Paige's Challenge Gallery and New Challenge! post, over on CARDS Blog.  You can get all the details for it in my CARDS Blog Monochromatic Challenge & PDCC37 post.  Thanks, again, Paige!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Totally Tabs (SU) Paper: Brilliant Blue (SU); white (Georgia Pacific); green, polka dot glitter (DCWV Where the Heart Is); graphic, A to Z patterned (Doodlebug Design); black and white, checkered patterned (Paper Studio) Ink: Brilliant Blue & Basic Black (SU) Other: green, blue, and orange buttons (Paper Studio); white string; white and blue thread & sewing machine; all die-cuts, Tab punch, & paper piercer (SU); staples & stapler

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Wonderful LO!!! So nice!!! Its been super hot here too... I dont dare go outside! Stay cool!! :) :) :) :)

Davinie Fiero said...

I love your color palette and the use of the winning ribbon. I also LOVE the detail of those buttons and how you stitched them together. Clever! Thank you for playing along! Davinie