Look Who's Potty Trained!

Thursday, July 15, 2010

It was a long two days, a couple of weeks back, but she's doing amazing; only wears a Pull-Up at night; and says when she needs to go, which is super fabulous!  She's, even, done well in the care of others!  We used the methods behind Toilet Training in Less Than a Day by Nathan Azrin and Richard Foxx .
Azrin and Foxx recommend the use of a potty doll to introduce the concept.  We ordered Adina a Gotz Dolls Aquini Girl...
but it took too long in the mail, so I used Ezekiel's Gotz Dolls Aquini Boy...
and don't think that it made a bit of difference.  We put her girl doll aside for a birthday gift, when it did arrive.  She LOVES babies, so I know that she'll be super excited!

Anyway, it was, without a doubt, an intense two days of nothing but potty training, and I know that every child is different and learns at their own pace; but after, successfully, using the methods this book outlines, for both of my kiddos, I would recommend it to other moms beginning this big step with their own children.

Oh!  And we picked up a bunch of potty training movies, for Adina, at our local library; and she, really, loved Once Upon a Potty For Her.
I know that this is, usually, a place for papercrafters to come, hopefully, to find a little inspiration; but I'm, first and foremost, a wife and mom, and this is the reality of my life, so I had to share.  Gotta love it!  Have a super day, everyone!

1 comment:

Trinh said...

Congrats! I know you are so happy to be done with diapers. I sure was when my daughter mastered the potty!